on 16 June 2015
Fantastic book and fun series! Once I finished this book I had to know what was going to happen and read the next three. Im waiting for the next book! The book follows a young woman who is forced to leave her planet by her own government in an attempt to help the human race have a future. She is sent to what he believes is violent planet with barbaric ways and this is where the fun really begins. She discovers intimacy, lies, and betrayal.
on 26 July 2014
I originally thought this was a novel but it's actually a novella - just so you know! And it is a great introduction to the series, don't get me wrong! But it just wasn't enough for me!! I will be picking up the next book because I want to know what happens but I could have used more to make me feel something for the characters. At this stage the aliens aren't hot enough and Braita bugs me.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 October 2014
When a tsunami devastates a village on the watery world of Joyal, they make the decision to randomly sent 600 of their brightest and most resilient off world. Surely in a devastated society hoping to rebuild, you'd want the useful people around? Much is also made of how peacefully they live, yet heroine Braita Valorn is only 18 and already fully combat trained.

Braita is taken to the planet Triaz along with 299 of her people. Arriving on the warrior planet, she is soon made aware that she is considered nothing more than a slave, and a lowly female at that. When the warrior Mian display a gruesome test to ascertain which of the human males are worthy to serve as their slaves, she proves that she may be small, but she's fast and skilled enough with a sword to stay alive against a horde of alien warriors.

There were a few holes in the plot, but overall I thought this author displayed potential; creating some interesting characters and landing the heroine in several unexpected situations. This is a short read though; 8 chapters in total and it reads far more like the scene setting chapters of a novel than a novella. Just as the scene is set and the main characters introduced and developed somewhat, the story line annoyingly just stops.
I won't go into the synopsis as previous reviewers have already done so. Being a big fan of KING CAVE and Ms. Dawn's other books, I snapped this up, but I am not a fan of gay/bi romance so was disappointed to find that this was one despite the complexity and great world building of this novella, which are elements of great writing which I love.
on 10 August 2014
This book is rather fantastic. Fall introduces us to the world and the characters in the Cold Mark Saga as well as being a great little read in its own right. I often find that the start of serials can be pretty boring as they focus too much on introduction and nothing really happens but that wasn't the case here. For such a short book, Fall packs one hell of a punch!

I like Braita, she is one heck of a tough cookie and does a good job of staying afloat when her whole world is turned upside down. The planet she ends up on is a patriarchal warrior like society with a lifestyle that adds interest and conflict into the book.

I didn't really understand the reasoning behind 300 of the remaining humans being sent to other planets. It seemed to be a survival of the species type thing but considering they are all split up to be slaves they can hardly continue the human race. I'm probably missing something but it could have done with being clearer as I am not the type to not get something. Normally I'm the person explaining the reasoning behind an event in a book to other people :P

The only slight issue, I was expecting this book to be a full length novel and it is in fact a short novella. However, that disappointment about length was entirely my fault as in my excitement about this book I didn't look to find out how long it was. The fact it is a serial is now mentioned in the synopsis so hopefully less people will make the same mistake I did.

This doesn't end too much on a cliffhanger but it did leave me incredibly excited for the next book. I am loving the Cold Mark Saga so far and hope that book 2 isn't a long wait. Especially as I am guessing it will also be rather short! Scarlett Dawn is a fantastic writer of non-contemporary New Adult novels and this is a great addition to her available works.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, this has not affected my opinions or rating in any way*
on 24 July 2014
I really enjoyed reading fall, I loved the characters they was interesting and I never knew what they was going to do next which kept me hooked I can't wait for the next book just to see what Braita will do next.
on 18 July 2014
Reviewer: Bex
Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

Fall is a wonderful novella by Scarlett Dawn. Following the feisty Braita, this fabulous sci-fi, action, romance opens up to an amazing new world, a world which the author describes creatively and with vivid detail.

Through tears of laughter, frustration and sorrow, Braita was a pleasure to journey with. I was thoroughly immersed into Scarlett Dawn's futuristic world and was left gasping for breath and eagerly awaiting this next in this satisfying series. A splendid read.
on 14 December 2014
Why so short? This could've been a great read if more had been written. The reviews said similar things have been written before. Well they have but I liked the take on it. I liked the way Brianna didn't gave any concept of family life, sex and real life violence. She seems very childlike in her attitude.
Malik and Leo seem to have no idea what to do with Brianna.
The story would have been much better with more detail. You just get the bare bones before it moves on.
on 2 November 2014
This is the first in a new series from this author and one I really enjoyed.
It is totally different to her Forever Evermore series but equally as enjoyable.

It is a quick read, and as such I can't say too much about it or it would spoil the story.
Suffice to say there are plenty of twists and turns to keep your attention throughout, and several unanswered questions which will have you desperate to get on to book 2, Sink.
on 25 November 2014
LOVED loved it! What a wonderful story totally unique and the characters are amazing brilliant read I can't wait to read the next one. I have now got a new favourite author yay next one ready downloaded x