on 10 January 2016
I stumbled across this book numerous times on here and was never sure whether I should give it a go or not. I have read dark romances before, but it was the huge warning signs that made me indesisive. After stumbling again I decided to read the reviews and download it. I had never read any of this authors work before and didn't know what to expect. How delighted was I for taking the plunge? Very! This book is brilliant!!! It is dark, very dark and the book is good to have a warning attached to it. It really isn't for the faint hearted or someone who wants a light read. I finished this an hour ago and I am still haunted by it. I think I will be processing this story for a while.
I shan't say anymore than that because I am liable to start spewing the whole story out and spoiling it for everyone, but what I will say is that although it IS dark, remember.... there is always light in the dark.

Well done Dawn, you smashed it! I am about to start book 2 and look forward to reading the rest of your work.
on 16 July 2014
Wow D H Sidebottom's venture to the dark side was an all out emotional one. Please, please heed the warnings that this is a dark, twisted, emotional and at times uncomfortable read. Warnings are there for a reason!!
This story focuses on Mae, a young woman who has endured much in her 21 years and then seems to attract the worst in life at all times.... She thinks maybe she's just meant to be like this but she's a fighter and refuses to give in to the despair and pain in life. In walks the Devil and he tempts her one evening, this first meeting is harrowing and shocking, it left me thinking this is only chapter One ??!!! Unfortunately this is not the end of Mae's meetings with the Devil aka Master Daniel, and I personally swung from liking to hating to warming to him.... The lies, betrayal, conflicts and abuse spin webs that's lead Mae and us as a reader on such an emotional journey that I spilt many tears reading this book. I don't want to spoil your read but rest assured nothing is what it appears " the devil wears many masks" but " an angel has many personalities." Has never been such an apt quote or two!!!
If you like the dark side read this book, it's definitely a five star read.
on 15 July 2014
You know this is a dark book going in but you cannot be prepared for how dark, it's uncomfortable reading at times but that is because the writing is so good, don't let that put you off because it is truly amazing.

There are some books that you remember and there are some that will live with you forever and this is one of those books. Do you believe in evil, do you believe in the devil? Is someone born that way or are they made by circumstances, is it nature or nurture, can people change ? Mae is brought to her knees by her life, she sees no good in her future when she thinks she has found something good, she realises that darkness is everywhere. You will not forget Mae, I have never read a character with such strength and determination, her life would literally bring others to their knees and give up but she fights , even when she knows she will be punished she fights. Daniel is the evil that comes for her, and boy is he evil and you will hate him but you will also understand him, you will pity him, you will empathise with him and you will rejoice at his salvation. The writing is beautiful, though it you feel the depths of Mae's despair and her courage, her acceptance of her fate and her lack of bitterness will truly astound you. When we think we have figured it out Dawn throws us so many curve balls and one huge shock that in the end bring the story together and I truly believe that this is Dawn's best book and will truly astound you.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 September 2014
I really didn't think I would like this book, but I was willing to give it a go. Be warned this book is a very dark read but I loved this story of Mae, you feel for her, cry for her, your heart goes out to her but she is a feisty little thing and holds her own. This book is so well written you can't help but wonder at the story line and the authors imagination. Believe it or not I stared off hating Daniel with a passion but he crept up on me and in the end my heart was loving him. This is one of those books that you never forget and I don't want too. It will remain in my mind and in my heart forever as a dark read but a wonderful read as well. If there is one thing you do, please read this book.
on 24 January 2016
This book was very very dark! If anyone ever calls me their little lamb i think ill run!
This had me nearly in tears one minute then sat there biting my nails nervous the next but i could not bring myself to put it down, it was an amazing read and dawn has done it again got me completely and utterly hooked, Mae has so much strength and courage in this, i would of caved after 1 day, the way its all portrayed is amazing. Well Done Dawn x
on 3 September 2014
I absolutely love dark erotica, but this was just awful, I couldn't believe what I reading , admitting I only got to about 40% but my God that was enough.
How can an Author write about such heinous acts to another person and then and try justify it as love ????????????
on 11 August 2014
Follow the warning, this book isn't for the light hearted!!

I have read most of d h sidebottom books and loved all of them. however I Was cautious about reading this book because of the warning, but was glad I did. This book is equivalent to being hit with a freight train, but to your emotions instead. Although it was dark and haunting, it was enlightening and showed strengths and courage. This book as an incredible grip on you, One minute your angry, then happy, furious then crying.

This book is pure brilliant, I think I will struggle to find a book that will beat. I would definitely recommend reading it, but read the warnings and take them seriously.
on 30 July 2014
I don't normally tend to leave reviews but this book.......well what can there isn't enough stars to nominate this book. The way the author has wrote this book makes you feel every word from Mae's sassy mouth to her courage, I never felt so much many emotions with this book it ripped my heart out broke it pieces then gave it back to me, for once a book has rendered me almost speechless, there is only one word to describe how this book left me...............breathless.
on 9 June 2017
This story is so sad and harrowing but utterly compelling.
on 10 October 2014
Wow!! Couldn't put this book down! I felt so sorry for Mae the entire way through, she had so much hurt and pain in her life! This book will make you cry! Can't recommend it enough!! Now I can't wait for The Salvation of Daniel!!