Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.24

on 7 September 2013
I have just finished reading Volume 2.

Wow.

I'm pretty annoyed at myself for taking so long to read this since I bought it a few months ago, but I can assure you that I will not be leaving it that long before Vol. 3 and Twisted Light.

Like the first volume, each story has a very dark undertone with an unexpected (and at times haunting) twist at the end. Saying that, this comic somehow seems to immerse you even more so than its predecessor. Each story is easily relative to today's society which is what makes it so powerful.

I also feel like it is worth mentioning that I actually read most of this book in an empty office, and the final story 'Popular' really freaked me out... Yet left me wanting more.

If you enjoyed the first collection, you're going to LOVE this!

Illustrations are once again nothing short of awesome, with credit going to an array of very talented artists who manage to catch the mood of each scenario perfectly.

Well done, Mr. Gibson - another fantastic piece of work and I can't wait to read the next volume!
on 29 March 2015
I was lucky enough to meet Neil at Comic Con and myself and my companions were soon charmed by him - enough to buy Volume 2 of his Twisted Dark comic, without having read volume 1.

Not that it really matters that I haven't read volume 1, as I discovered.

Twisted Dark Volume 2 is a collection of short stories which are, as you can probably gather from the title, dark and twisted. Exploring the darker sides of human nature, each tale looks at a different character (with some cross over between the tales adding an extra layer of interest) and presents a story with a sting in the tail. I assume there are also some connections and links back to volume 1, but you don't need to be able to spot them to enjoy and understand the stories.

This really appealed to my sense of humour. There were a few moments that made me almost laugh out loud - which is impressive given the general tone of the stores. It's not meant to be comedy, as such, but there were some pretty blackly comic moments that had me giggling to myself.

The twists are excellent. I did start guessing what they would be after a while - much like anything that follows a similar formula, you begin to be able to guess where things are going. But that's not to say it detracted from my enjoyment - when I got it right, it was satisfying, and when I didn't it was shocking, and that was rewarding too.

The artwork was perfectly complimentary to the overall tone of the stories - black and white, lots of broken lines, lots of shadow. There were several different artists, but the strength running through the stories was the ability to portray expressions in a really clear way. There was a story focusing on someone's smile, and the differences in the smiles were so clear from the illustration that it really showed the changing perceptions of the character narrating. Can't really say more than that without spoiling, but it was just perfectly done. There were plenty of other close ups, and each was excellently done - often the faces were mostly obscured, giving just a mouth or eyes for us to read emotion from, but each time it was absolutely clear what those characters were thinking.

There are plenty of gross or horrific moments, so if you're of a sensitive disposition, I wouldn't recommend this. But if you love horror and want an excellent comic book read, I can't recommend this enough!
on 23 March 2016
Picked up Vol 1 last year at C2E2 after Neil Gibson had me read the first story (only 4 pages) and could not put it down afterwards! This past weekend at C2E2 I picked up Vol 2&3 and have been devouring the stories. I thoroughly enjoy the twisted, dark story telling!
on 2 August 2014
Personally, I preferred the first one as this felt a little softer. Still has an awesome black humour about it. Anyone who loved films like tails from the crypt will really enjoy this book. Keep them coming.
on 9 August 2013
Twisted Dark Volume 2 is as brilliant as the first! The same dark tones and feel throughout all the stories again, but some however have a less "twisted" outcome. I honestly do think that this been a fantastic way of expanding the Twisted Dark Universe. Ultimately for us, the reader, it is a look into the darker aspects of the human mind and this Volume is able to show that in different ways.
Once again the writing from Neil Gibson, and all the artwork from the contributing artists is top notch. The style of the artists that Neil Gibson has picked to illustrate each story compliments the writing perfectly.

I would highly recommended this and Volume 1 to anyone with a love for comics, horror, suspense, and even the good old classic cliffhangers!
on 28 August 2013
I was thoroughly satisfied by the first installment in Neil Gibson's Twisted Dark series, but I can happily announce that the second is even better. I could feel the writer becoming more comfortable in his medium, the stories were more intelligent and complex, and some much darker subject matter was explored. Another aspect of the Twisted Dark universe that was far stronger in this volume was the idea of all the stories linking together: there were clear reflections of other episodes and characters in each section, and I can only look forward to this being exploited in more depth in volume three.
on 27 January 2014
This volume contains one of my favourite TD stories of all times in it, "Smile". It's one of the more horrific stories that I read, and after reading it months ago, it has still stuck with me.
It's a little racier than the first of the series. Gibson follows through though, especially with stories like "Smile". For reals, get it for "Smile" if you get it for no other reason!
on 5 August 2014
Up there with Alan Moore a diverse collection of effective dark tales. Everyone who has attempted the graphic genre should use quality storytelling like this as a benchmark.
on 26 October 2015
Glad I got this at the same time as the first one. I could wait to read.