on 4 August 2014
I've been on the lookout for a heart rate monitor for sometime - I'm a keen sportsman playing football twice a week and partaking in the gym 4-6 times a week, therefore staying healthy and monitoring my health and progression is very important to me. I didn't want a heart rate monitor that is controlled via a watch on your wrist, so the opportunity to purchase a product where the functionality and controllability can be controlled via my iPhone on an app was a massive selling point to me, especially when the price is so competitive and affordable.

I've purchased a few KitSound and Kit products before so I am aware of what sort of quality etc to expect, as always, the brand has not disappointed. The box is packaged so you can see what is inside before opening. Inside the box you get a small yet helpful instruction manual, the adjustable strap to clip on the monitor, and of course, the device its self. The monitor is held on by two metal poppers so it is easy to clip on and off, the strap is also effortlessly adjustable and easily clips and unclips meaning it simple to put the band around your chest. There is plenty of room in the band for adjustment so it doesn't matter how big or small you are.
The hardest part of this whole process was actually turning the device on - there is no red or blue light to say whether the device is on or not, I only found out it was actually turned on when I clicked the `connect' button on the app accidently and it magically connected. I downloaded the free recommended app called `i-got-U Sports' - it's easy to use and set up, and so far after a week's usage I can confidently say it is surprisingly accurate. I have it connected up to my iPhone 5S, which either stays in my bag at the side of the pitch when playing football or in my arm band at the gym, both have so far worked fine and have accurately measured my average hear rate, how many steps I've taken, how many calories I've burned and how far away I am from my daily targets (if i wanted to set them)...this brings me nicely onto what the device can actually do.

The monitor: easy to use and set up (apart from turning it on!), easy to adjust for different sizes, easy to clip onto chest and very comfy - I actually forgot I was wearing it when I was in the gym. The ability to connect the monitor to my phone is excellent and works very well, much better then wearing a watch. Battery life states it is three years if used for an average of 1 hour a day, however if it does eventually run out before this then all you need is a watch battery to get it going again.

The App: There are four `sports types' (categories) to choose from: Running, cycling, virtual running and virtual cycling. For playing sports this is fine, obviously if playing football or rugby or golf etc you would select running, the only thing I believe this is missing is a `gym' category - I know plenty of people that use a heart rate monitor in the gym, so why is there no option for this on the app?! From here the monitor successfully measures the following: the speed of which you are walking/cycling/running, the distance you have travelled, the average speed, average heart rate, how many steps you have taken, how many calories you have burned how long you have been training for - all very useful and in my opinion, very generous for an app that costs you nothing.

Overall I'd say this really is a good piece of kit for the money. I have struggled to find anything `faulty' with it. Its comfortable to wear, simple to set up and connect, and measures everything I want to monitor and find interesting whilst exercising. Yet again great work from Kit - a highly recommend, all round product.
on 19 August 2014
Within the last twelve months myself and my family have transformed our sedentary lives into fit and active ones. For me, when I received a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor for Christmas, this made me up my game. The ability to count calories and watch my little heart rate rise has made me push myself so much more than just using willpower.

This has then inspired my Mum to make an investment in a heart rate monitor. She wanted to get an FT4 too, but felt skeptical about paying the premium price tag, so I looked online and found the Kit Tempo. Substantially cheaper than the Polar HRM I thought I’d buy one for her as a surprise.

On arrival, the product looked high quality and quite similar to the Polar Heart Rate Monitor. The monitor is detachable from the strap, lightweight and works via Bluetooth, while the strap is adjustable and comfortable to wear.

We started by downloading the free i-gotU Sports app and very quickly we were in. Mum had to input her height / weight / shoe size and other “vital statistics” but with an easy to use interface, she pretty much set herself up in five minutes.

The next thing to do was to take it for a “test run”. With the heart rate monitor in place and Mum’s phone in a sports armband; the devices paired easily. We were off! On returning from our run, we took note of the calories burned and compared them to my FT4 results; very close indeed and obviously based on the fact that Mum and I are of different fitness levels, seemingly accurate.

She has continued to use the HRM on the cross trainer, rowing machine and exercise bike and it definitely gives a more realistic result than the machines’ readings.

As a Polar FT4 activist I am happy to have bought this alternative for my Mum; it looks good, feels comfortable and documents her “burn” effectively and efficiently.
on 9 January 2015
My main use for the kit tempo Bluetooth is during my weekly jogging sessions. My first positive impressions of the item were the instant compatibility with the apps that I had already been using (nike running and runkeeper), as well as the easy access and controllability of the device through my iPhone.

When receiving the product, it was packed simply and efficiently, coming with a small guide manual for instructions on how to set it all up and get it ready to go.

The strap itself which holds the monitor is very light and comfortable to wear, causing no disruptions or discomfort whilst exercising. It is also very easy to adapt to your preferences in terms of tightness/looseness. Additionally, I feel it is no hassle maintaining it clean after usage being able to simply clean it with some water.

The Bluetooth monitor has good integration with the apps as it allows you to set goals according to target heart rate and calories burnt which can be seen or heard during exercise. If I was to find something to make it better it would be for some sort of indication that shows when the device is on and active as it can only be seen by Bluetooth connectivity on the phone and the app you use it with.

All in all, a very simple but very effective device to be used for any type of exercise.
on 20 August 2014
A great piece of kit however it arrived with a flat battery. Changed the battery and all works as it should.
on 3 September 2014
The app is great and lets you track your calories, steps, distance and time worked out. This means I can set goals based upon these factors as well as challenging myself to beat my record. The only disappointment is the limitations based on activity, this far the outdoor/indoor sports types you can record consist of running or cycling, however I also do several other classes including high intensity dance classes such as zumba and salsa. Though the fact that you can monitor activity over a matter of months, weekly or daily is definitely a bonus. You've also got plenty of customisable options in setting to really personalise both your work out and what you want to get out of the monitor. As one of the other reviews stated a gym category would really add to the app.

Since getting this heartrate monitor, its really made me up my game in so many respects. I know where my heartrate is at all times rather than tracking via gym equipment and I can also set calorie goals.

The product is inconspicuous and allows the user to adjust the strap for comfort. The instructions are clear and are quick and easy to set up via bluetooth to the app. As i say above the app is great and really easy to navigate. The monitor is also detachable from the strap which makes it easier to clean. It's so much more, for me it's an activity monitor.
on 21 October 2014
I was given this product free of charge to review.

It was very easy to use. I am quite active and found it very easy to wear and use and was easily hidden under my uniform for Kickboxing but was so lightweight you couldnt really feel it when you were wearing it.

Could see the product easily in the packagaing and had a very helpful instruction manual. Was clear and easy to read and held its charge well.

Had no problems and would recommend this product if you enjoy being active with no worries and will definatly continue to use the product.
on 22 September 2015
I've had this for four months, it pairs easily with my android phone, GPS watch and PM5 monitor. The strap is ok. Accuracy is good. The best bit is customer service. The unit stooped working last week and the seller sent me a replacement within days, no quibbles, no fuss. Thanks
on 29 January 2015
Broke as soon as I got it. Rubbish
on 5 January 2015
Simple to use and connected to iPhone first time. Good value for money.
on 28 May 2015
it did not function, i returned it and got a full refund no problems.