on 11 April 2015
Don’t Buy - from Which?’s test lab – March 2015.
The Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-120 is a budget 15.6-inch laptop that claims to offer reliable, everyday computing performance. The Which? test lab found it runs at a snail’s pace when trying to complete basic tasks and classed its touchpad as virtually unusable due to its severely jittery performance that makes the mouse cursor lag behind when you move it.

The build quality of the laptop is extremely flimsy too. Which? found the casing around its keyboard flexes significantly during typing, which affects typing speed and accuracy, while its the frame of its screen bends and comes away from its supports. In short, you’d be best advised to avoid this model.
on 10 September 2014
I am completely disappointed with this laptop. I think Toshiba should consider removing it from the market. It's too slow, doesn't allow to do more than one task at the time. Touch pad is not following commands, goes on it's own and it's too slow. I would not recommend this item to anybody. I had to return it as it was rubbish.
on 11 September 2014
The laptop turns off by itself for no apparent reason. Random items open while I am doing work. The laptop cannot handle more than 2 items opened at the same time. Do not buy this item, it is terrible.
on 11 September 2014
Mouse pad dose not respond would not stay connected to internet not happy sent it back.
on 23 December 2014
this item was nothing short of rubbish i read a few reviews about it and all of them stated it was useless and sent it back i thought it's toshiba the reviews can't be right unfortunately they were and i also had a refund steer clear of this piece of rubish!!!
on 15 August 2014
Lovely bit of kit, and over all is a great laptop. it was mainly bought as a alternative to a tablet for my mum, but I use it just as much. the only real negative I've found is that on times the keyboard keys are not as responsive as I would like, with letters missing. This caused a bit of trouble when setting up as I was unable to sign back in as the password I wanted to use was not the actual password that I had typed it out a number of the latters did not get entered so I was left with a unknown password. but after a bit of searching I was able to completely reset the laptop, and restart again. Windows 8.1 is not the greatest, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. I did like the little feature that allowed me to go straight to the desktop when I stared up. over all a nice little bit of kit, for a first laptop, might not be the most powerful on the market but it does the job wonderfully for our family.
on 14 August 2014
The mouse/touchpad on this notebook is very poor at responding accurately. I keep on having to lick my finger for it to work to a reasonable degree. The pad texture is rough and the cursor sometimes doesn't move at all or will suddenly move very quickly without me wanting it to. The accuracy is rubbish; I haven't experienced anything like this - not even on cheap old refurbished laptops which I am used to owning. I'm not sure if it's a poor design fault or if I'm just unlucky and have a dodgy one; I don't think I can use it happily because of this, therefore, I'll be asking for advice with a replacement or refund in mind if necessary.
44 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2015
without a doubt the most useless laptop ive ever bought, even with all the updates done and i removed all the bloat, this piece of junk suffers with lethargy, the touchpad is so poor quality that the cursor is 2 or 3 seconds behind the instruction, and can often just stop moving altogether, my last toshiba on windows 7 was also a budget model but at least it was useable with a cd/dvd drive, If this is the new standard of Toshiba's basic laptops then i have bought my last Toshiba, for the low user who want to browse of a night, this model is not even good for that, it struggles to process more than one instruction......not fit for purpose and I am returning the item
on 11 April 2015
integral mouse did not work-nor did it work with a plug in mouse,incredibly slow and the response of the supplier to my complaint was that I had been influenced by other bad reviews!Very Insulting and they refused to pay postage of £26.60 to return the product that was not fit for the purpose
on 20 February 2015
I bought this laptop (AMD E-1 6010 version) in December and it gave horrible performance until it died two weeks ago.Below I will list some pros and cons relating to this system.
Pros:
•Dirt cheap.
•Decent screen resolution for the price.
•Light.
•Relatively quiet.
•Decent Integrated Graphics.(Much better than Intel's iGPUs,but don't expect to do miracles.)

Cons:
•Terrible CPU (seriously,its horrible.Even lags when rendering 480p video).
•Unresponsive trackpad.
•INSANE mouse stutter (I have tested it with multiple mice and with the built in trackpad,which leads me to believe its a problem with the system.)
•Laggy when more than one application/tab is open at once.
•Terrible performance in even light games (but really,what do you expect for this price)
•Comes with a fair amount of Toshiba and third-party bloatware.
•Only one port for audio in/out.
•Poor quality speakers.
•Would often disconnect me from the internet and give poor internet speeds.(Again,this was a hardware problem on Toshiba's side,not my router.
•Screen turned black within 3 months of use.

In conclusion,I would not reccomend this laptop to anyone,unless they needed a cheap temporary laptop at a moments notice.If you purchase this,it will more than likely die on you within a few months and leave you wishing you had spent €50-€100 more on a better machine.