Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 September 2014
This album may just be the best ever Beck album, despite him taking a backseat to an brilliant range of covers. Basically it is all Beck' music but interpreted by artists such as Laura Marling, Norah Jones, Jack White, Sparks and even Jack Black among others. I found that Marling's 'Sorry' and Sparks 'Why did you make me care?' to be the standout tracks, but the others are great. What makes it is the eclectic range range of interpretations ranging from the grand fantasy of Sparks and Black and the intimacy of Marling. This is original and exciting, and the most entertaining Beck album since 'The Information'. I missed him live in Sept and really cross.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2014
I am not a Beck fan. Which isn't to say I dislike him, but I don't particularly like him. Not a fan. But this is great.

Beck wrote 20 songs and published them as sheet music. And so people started to perform them. And he put this album together of some of the best. So you get different artists, with different styles and sounds, but all perfoming Beck songs, so there is a consistency that holds them all together. Not every song works for me. Some I love, some I can leave, but, overall, the net impact is fabulous. It's varied and the same simultaneously. Wonderful stuff.
on 14 August 2014
Beck originally released these songs as a book of sheet music a couple of years back and YouTube has many videos of cover versions uploaded by muscians of differing levels of talent : ). Beck had annouced that he intended to gather an album of these covers together and, with almost no fanfair or publicity, here it is. And it's really good. Boasting both familiar artists (Jack White, Jarvis Cocker, Norah Jones and Fun &c) and several I've never heard of, this is an eclectic mix where the common thread is the quirky lyrics Beck wrote. There are many different styles represented here and some have taken more liberties with the material than others but they do all fit together really well. My only gripe is that the song "Do We? We Do" is covered by Loudon Wainwright III - there are some fantastic covers of this song on YouTube but this version to me is one of the poorest. I'll get over it though!
on 31 October 2014
Just got around to listening to this, and I must say, Beck is there, each song is his, but with a twist of different artists.
There are a couple of tracks that some people will just not get, jazzy, blues, soul. But to me they are just a different take. Think Guerolito but not dancy. I'm not a fan of Jack Black, but I love his version of 'We All Wear Cloaks'. Scott Sparks is another one I like. Norah Jones track is ok, but its Norah. Jack White, Fun., Beck, they are all good listens.

Its nice to add to the Beck collection as it would be more or his music that he wouldnt release as an ablum, more like he would release just online. I want more

Love
on 30 April 2016
Great various artists covers album that for the budding musicians among us is nice to have if you've already purchased the Song Reader music sheets.
on 8 December 2015
wow!!!!
on 4 April 2015
great
on 10 October 2014
Arrived in good time, as described. No issues