on 15 July 2014
We met FBI Special Agent Jake Evers in the Titanium Security series and now he has his own story. Rachel Granger works for Edge Architectural Firm. Her brother Brandon brings friends to her flat, one of whom, Tim, shows more than a passing interest in her and her work putting her on edge. Her suspicions are proved correct when she sees him on FBI's most wanted list and the only person she trusts to turn to is Jake, a friend from colleague.
Jake brings in friends from the Hostage Rescue Team to assist the FBI in their search for 'Tim' bringing him and Rachel closer together.
As I've come to expect with Kaylea Cross, her male lead characters are strong, confident, protective of those they love and very sexy! Also as I now expect, the lead females are not push overs, they don't cower in the corner. Jake and Rachel fit these descriptions perfectly.
The plot is exciting as always, hostage taking, ransom demands, sieges, gun fights and although they've brought down the immediate threat, the terror cell lives to continue in the rest of the series. I can't wait, bring it on!
Jake's friend Tuck has some sort of history with Agent Celida Morales and with the lust and daggers shooting between them I'm hoping the next book will be about them.
on 30 July 2014
Agent Jake Evers is now back stateside after working with the Titanium security team overseas and is now working with the FBI rescue teams. He's just getting back in to routine with training and his life when he gets a distressing email from Rachael a friend from college. For Jake and Rachael there was always this connection between the two of them but the timing was never right. Now Rachael's an established architect and Jakes working with the teams, what brings them back in to each other's lives is a rather suspicious friend of her brothers who's been trying to get information on the buildings she's designed. These two go for one hell of a ride do yourself a favour and make sure you're on the ride with them and buy this book.
on 1 July 2014
I chose this book because the synopsis drew me in, also Jake is ex-military so that was enough for me! This is a little darker than the usual romance novels I usually read but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the storyline, it's believable and it always kept me interested. I couldn't put it down! I am moving on to Kaylea's Titanium Security novels next. I highly recommend this book, you will not be disappointed.
on 16 January 2015
Fast paced action from the FBI Hostage Rescue Team. These guys are gorgeous alpha males who do a difficult demanding job. Love seems to be on the periphery of their lives but when that special someone crosses their path they'll move heaven and earth to make her his. Great storyline with strong characters who are believable and likeable. Great for those of us who love raunchy romance with backbone.
on 28 July 2014
Good action packed book which is well written. It did take me a while to get into the story and it was a bit predictable but it was still an enjoyable read. Both Hero and Heroine were strong characters who were perfect for each other. I had not read any of this author's previous books but I would now.
on 23 January 2016
I enjoyed this book. The main characters Rachel and Jake coming together again having not seeing each other for some time. The whole hostage situation was a different slant on the average romance novel. Special ops fit, strong and coming to the rescue is every girls fantasy and Jake fitted that part. It was fairly fast paced which was good that it wasn't dragged out. There was enough happening to keep you reading and wanting to know what happened next without it being a heavy read.
on 14 February 2015
I wasn't sure if i was missing a link or back story at times reading this as its assumed I know the characters and backgrounds which was a bit difficult to work out the plot. It doesn't seem as big a deal that jake and rachel never got together earlier because that would have been sordid as they were already in relationships. Otherwise good storyline
on 26 February 2015
This book gets pretty tense! It was such a page turner, similarly to another book I read by this author, and I will definitely be reading her other books. I really liked Rachel and I thought she was incredibly strong, considering everything she was going through. Jake was a great hero and the work him and his team did was incredible. I can't wait to read other books by Kaylea Cross.
on 29 June 2014
We meet up with Jake from the Titanium Series, who has become part of the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team.
Well you won't be disappointed with this story. Like the rest of Kaylea Cross's books, she has another winner on her hands.
This story is gripping and makes you want to read it in one sitting.
Looking forward to the romance between Tuck and Celida.
Bravo!
on 24 March 2015
Have read all the HRT books & they are all (without exception) brilliant. Felt involved with all the characters & individual story lines throughout & felt quite bereft @ the end of each one. Any more to follow - pretty please.