Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.17

on 13 March 2016
The second book in the Bodyguards Inc. series deals with same sex relationship abuse although there is no on page violence.

Daniel Lincoln is taking part in a show similar to the much more popular X-Factor and is down to the last three in the final. But on the very day he needs to pull off one his best performances ever he suffers at the hands of his boyfriend who is angry that Daniel looks to be only third place. But for Daniel third place would be a chance for him, a chance to live his dreams and a final chance to get away from his abusive boyfriend. It is whilst he is trying to recover in a dark corner of the studio that Ben Collins, one of the show’s bodyguards finds him. From this meeting is a turning point in Daniel’s life.

Ben Collins had been with Bodyguards Inc. for over four years now and nothing he has seen has made any impact in his presumptions of the celebrity circuit. That is until he comes across the mesmerising rocker on the show, Daniel. He was instantly attracted to the talented young guy with his dark good looks and guy liner but he knew he was off limits as he was in a relationship. But when he finds him in a corner obviously trying to hide his injuries, he knows something is off.

After Ben helps Daniel back to his dressing room, he brushes off Ben’s attempts to help further. After the show it is months later that Daniel reaches out for Ben’s help again.

I am really loving this series and the author’s writing style. I love that these stories are not insta-love and are developed over time. I like how the secondary characters of family and friends are an intricate part of the story and at times take centre stage with the main characters. I like family elements being woven into a storyline. It was also good to read the sub context of domestic violence was tackled in a non dark way, and was kept as a focus but didn’t delve into violent episodes (although I do like this in much grittier books though) as it would not have flowed within this light read.

Both main characters were instantly likable and both shone with their own strengths. I must admit though Ben was a hunky alpha man to fall for with his gentle ways towards Daniel. I would have preferred it just that little bit more though if their relationship was pulled in earlier in the book rather than later as it did. However, still an extremely enjoyable m/m romance read and I am glad I have found this author to read more of.
on 29 June 2014
This is second in the bodyguards Inc, series. It tackles the taboo subject of domestic violence. Ben is a bodyguard and when he meets Daniel for the first time he suspects something is wrong. But it takes another 4 months and daniel almost dying for him to ask Ben for help.

We watch the relationship unfold with the backdrop of Ben coping with what he went through.

Once again RJ has written a brilliant book, highly recommend reading it.
on 27 June 2016
Ben is doing his job for an "X Factor rip-off" when he helps one of the contestants. Although he is intrigued by Daniel, Daniel also has a long-term boyfriend and seems to be happy. So Ben does what he can, and moves on. A couple of months down the line, and he gets a call from one of the boy band members saying that Daniel is in trouble and needs Ben. Ben goes off and does his thing, and the story really picks up as Daniel's story comes out and they deal with aftermath. One extra thing that I need to say is that I loved it when Kyle is talking to Ben, and he asks if Ben has "done an Adam" - brilliant :D

This is a wonderful story that packs a punch in more ways than one. Ben and Daniel's relationship takes time to build, which makes it all the more sweet. With some steamy scenes in there to spice things up, this is a book to enjoy. Definitely recommended by me!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
on 14 July 2014
This book had me curling my toes at times as it hit too close to the truth for me. Fantastic read, I could not put it down (more so than usual) I am a great fan of RJ Scott and love her work. This book does it all as far as I'm concerned, I cannot wait for the next one in the series.
on 12 May 2016
This is a brilliant story that deals with the very real issue of domestic violence . It can have triggers and tear jerking moments but it's a well written story . I adored the two leads
on 4 July 2014
A absolutely fantastic book. Grips you from page one. Such believable characters and a fast moving plot keeps you turning the pages. Another great book by a fantastic author
on 27 June 2014
I loved this. I downloaded it earlier today from RJ Scott's own site, Love Lane Books. I couldn't put it down. A perfect mix of passion, angst and love. It was wonderful.
on 25 July 2014
after reading a mary calmes book,this book was a bit diluted but the strength of Ben and Daniel did come through,I just wish their relationship was a little more heat.
on 21 January 2016
Really good book. After reading book one, this was a great book to follow.
on 28 July 2014
Brilliant
Even better than the first book
I hope there's more