on 1 September 2015
Love it. The display has a slight blue tint, which makes it less than perfect. Also, after ~6 months use the screen will not turn on despite being fully charged.

I initially bought this as a secondary laptop for uni, but now I use it full-time.

I enjoy the chrome idea. All I ever use is google chrome anyway. If you need to download/install loads of applications, this is not for you. If you are on the internet 24/7, with good wifi access and with no need to store huge data on an internal hard drive, I would definitely recommend.

It feels so good to not have to install/update an internet protection thingy

BATTERY LIFE IS INCREDIBLE OMG
on 2 April 2016
Touchpad is a bit rough and the device has surprisingly loud fan. Replaced with an Acer C720p which has a great track pad, is almost silent under all conditions, and has a touchscreen too for the same money.
4 people found this helpful
on 30 June 2016
Had this for a couple of years now and it's still going strong. The battery lasts incredible well (8hrs easily), it's really portable and the performance is excellent.

Downsides: Fans can be a bit noisy (they seem to spin up and down constantly sometimes) and the screen is quite reflective. Still a great buy for the money and considering a second one for the wife.
on 15 February 2015
This is a brilliant Chrome-Book. It takes just 5 seconds from pressing the power button to entering your details for log on. Once on, it is a fast and capable computer. Browsing is quick and the screen is impressively clear. You tube quality is brilliant and it also reads my external hard drive, so films, music and most of the content on there can be viewed on the Dell. A minor gripe is that I-Tunes is still not recognised on Chromebooks, which needs to be addressed. Overall, the reviews of this Dell do not fully do it justice and it really is the best of the bunch you can buy. This one with the 4GB Ram does make it a leader and still value for money.
on 4 April 2015
Finally! After going through 3 other chromebooks all with huge faults this one seems to do its job well. For the price it is far superior than other chromebooks at its price range at least when I bought it. Very light weight, powerful enough to run a large number of tabs or apps at the same time. Only a couple of niggles, the screen when closed is a little loose and the speakers can crackle at full volume. But if you take into the fact that it's price is low and the speakers are loud these don't cause much of an issue. The fan turns off if the laptop is cool enough, although sometimes it can't make up its mind.
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2015
Have been using this for a good few days now and really delighted, Connects easily with any router where ever you are and is extremely easy to use, With slightly more ram than the basic, it downloads very quickly compared to my tablet. A good keyboard, good feel and nicely spaced, Once your used to the slightly different programme compared to windows, I much prefer this one. Has 2 USB 3 slots and a SD card reader. The speaker power and clarity is tremendous compared to many other computers, Touch pad is very responsive and clean to use..
Very pleased.
on 11 August 2015
Having owned a the first arm samsung chromebook, I have been using the chrome os platform for a few years. I am really impressed by this chromebook the build quality is amazing, the keyboard is great for such a small device and the portability of it is great as well. Also I have streamed music in the background with 15 other tabs open one of which was word online and have experience no lag with this chromebook which was a real problem with the samsung arm chromebook.

It is worth noting that while chrome os has come a long way since when I first used it and there was very limited offline functionality, now you have offline apps that enable work to be done without an internet connection. However, there is not always an offline app available for what you want to do and saying that there is not always online apps for everything you want to do either. So I would recommend before you buy one research to see whether you can live without the desktop applications.

Also without using crouton you can only play online games on this device!

If after checking chrome os is suitable for your needs and you are looking for the right chromebook to get this is a very easy recommendation.
on 3 April 2015
Got this as a replacement for my old Samsung Chomebook which was getting scratched and very slow. Happy to report this version is far quicker (it has 4GB RAM which helps a lot) and the battery life is every bit as good - if not better - than my old Samsung. I recently took it on a trip to London for a weekend, used it on the train down and up and over the weekend; all without the need to recharge the battery. I probably recharge it once a week, using it around 8 hours per week.
As with other Chromebooks, what's great is that it does one thing really well - Chrome. If you're like me and you use the web for most things then it's ideal. If you want to do other 'complicated' stuff like document writing/editing and photo manipulation then it's possible but not ideal. Having said that I am now a total Google Sheets / Docs convert, and I've edited some images using Pixlr. Since I got my original Chromebook, more web-based apps have appeared like Spotify which now does not require software to run.
Perfect if you want something light, amazing battery and does not take any time to boot up. I love it!
on 29 January 2015
Good: Small, built like a tank, looks good, excellent keyboard, and very fast.

Bad: Noisy fan in a quiet room, terrible screen

The screen ruins it for me. It's a TN panel and not IPS. Looks grainy and washed out. TN panels should be consigned to history as soon as possible.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 April 2015
As quick your ever likely to want, advertised as 'boot time 7 seconds'... It's not that long, it boots in 3 seconds!! Beautifully quick and smooth in scrolling etc. Fabulous machine, I've also bought one for my daughter now and she loves it and no longer uses her standard laptop for school work. All her work with docs, slides and sheets etc are synced online and can be accessed from anywhere. Also NOTE, it will store a local version also which can be worked on offline, it will simply sync when online again.