Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.09

on 17 July 2014
Just like Lovely Vicious I loved this book, but just like Lovely Vicious they were plot problems that kinda irritated me. Ok, in Lovely Vicious those plot problems might be purposeful and part of the mystery or whatever, but in this book they were silly mistakes that I bet the author would have noticed if she had re-read it and thought it through. 1. Just because Shadus bothers to smile he suddenly has a group of human friends surrounding him even though even the other (cold, emotionless) aliens think he is cold and one of his friends goes on to say before Shadus graced him with a smile he hated aliens. So after a simple smile the humans and the aliens are willing to forget years of hate and become the best of buddies. Realistic. And on that note, his group of friends were pointless characters and honestly I just found them irritating. 2. Shadus's human friends make jokey remarks at one point about (spoiler) Shadus's top secret half alien arm that only his father, himself and one alien doctor or something know about. You know the same arm that Shadus made a big deal about telling Victoria about because it was top secret and no one was supposed to know about it. Well apparently that went out the window 'cause next thing you know Shadus's group of human friends are making jokes about it.
I've started this review by listing all the little things that were annoying me about this book and maybe that's not fair because despite all of that it was a really good book. It was very easy to imagine the world the author was describing and the characters were magnificent. I loved Victoria, Shadus, Taj and Raine. Even the little side characters were generally well described and explained. One of my favourite scenes was the fight (it had another sacred alien name but I've forgotten it) between Taj and Shadus. Especially when you learn the meaning behind it later.
on 16 December 2014
Wow! After reading the Lovely Vicious Series and then spotting this book in the kindle store, I thought it wouldn't be as good as the previous books that Sara Wolf had written...but boy was I wrong! Reading the sample, I thought that this would be just a book that was okay- the kind of book you read after something heavy. However praise must be given to the author for the novel with its entrancing plot and intriguing characters. Typical Ms Wolf style, the book ended on a major cliff hanger so if buying it and you hate cliff hangers as much as me, be sure to have the next book at the ready. If you enjoy young adult books like Lovely Vicious and the Mortal Instruments series, I would recommend this book to you- you will certainly not be disappointed!
on 21 March 2017
I love this however I can't find the next one and it finished on a cliff hanger. It's been driving me crazy!! Turkey amazing book about hope, fear, and generally how emotions affect different "people" . Sara wolf please please please please please write the next book. I've read your other books which are great, so finish this book too.
on 28 August 2014
I just wanted to say that I do not like many authors but something about Sara Wolf keeps me coming back to her! I love her 'Lovely Vicious' series and I am just getting into this first book and it already sounds great! Something about her characters keep me coming back to read more about them and I cannot wait for the next on of 'The Eve Chronicles'. Victoria sounds very strong and I love the well thought out storyline, especially since it is so different from her other books. I really recommend her as an author.
on 3 July 2014
I adored the passionate and definitely emotional writing. The story was fresh and interesting, all that happens is capturing and oh so original. It was extraordinary and I have to stress how different it was. I won't ever get tired of reading this story for I love the unexpected!
on 17 November 2014
I loved this book. So much better than I originally thought it would be. I can't wait to read the next one.
on 18 May 2015
Great!
on 20 April 2015
Can't wait for next one!
Refreshingly new topic in fantasy genre... Must read for anyone who likes to read about things not of our world
on 3 July 2014
I loved this book but some parts of the story line were hard to understand but I can't complain because it was a good read
on 2 September 2014
Unique story. Unique author. Great book. I can't wait for the sequel, there is a sequel right?!? (I'd also highly recommend reading the lovely vicious series)