on 26 June 2014
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!
***Okay I did volunteer to receive the ebook for an honest review, but while reading it I had to buy it for myself so I did :)

The cover is definitely yummy, but I wanted to see the tattoos. I also think the bear should look more like described by the lovely Lynn, but that’s just my thinking :)

This is another awesome and action packed Jamesburg shifter book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading :) Lynn always has humor mixed into her books which I love. I love when an author can make me tear up for a character’s pain or laugh out loud. It is always great when you can connect enough with the story and characters to share their emotions.

This story with Clea and Orion was a great story. Clea is a sweet heart when taking care of all the cubs, but will do anything to protect them and the ones she loves. I love that she is vulnerable but strong all at the same time. Orion is fierce but soft when it comes to Clea which I find endearing. I particularly loved the lake scene, but you definitely need to read it because I don’t want to ruin it for you. Atlas also has a happy ending, but you will have to read to see what it is.

I have really enjoyed this series (even though I haven’t yet read book 1, which is silly because I own it…lol) I recommend this series to all my shifter lovin’ friends especially if you already love Lynn Red, and I especially recommend to my friends who hate cliffhangers because Lynn doesn’t write those either :)
on 21 July 2014
This shifter romance is a wacky, light-hearted and passionate romp through the town of Jamesburg. Clea is has emotional scars from her past and Orion is on the run and nursing more than a little bottled up rage. Both yearn for more but a rabid beaver and psyco biker threatens what the two have found in each other.

This fast paced plot keeps readers on their toes with suspense, drama, humor and romance. The author describes the story with vivid details that capture the imagination and the endless drama draws the reader deeper into the story. The eccentric and charismatic characters grab the reader’s attention and invite them to visit their unconventional town. Suspense and drama spice up the story with bad guys that are a little out there, one being a hateful and mean bear and the other an obsessed beaver who wants to save the forest by destroying the town.

The mating between Clea and Orion is in no way assured as Clea’s not sure to trust in Orion and Orion wants to keep Clea out of his hateful father’s sights. But when they do get together sparks fly and passions ignite with some red hot and steamy sex scenes. Orion is a walking contradiction, he’s a fighter and killer when he has to be but he’s really a gentle giant of a bear and Clea is kinda of mousey but has a core of steal and when it comes to rescuing her mate, well you better not stand in this lynx’s way.

The author keeps the reader on their toes with a story that has lots of fun and exciting scenes that get the adrenaline pumping and some surprises that the reader doesn’t see coming. Once again, a visit to Jamesburg is just what this reader needed to brighten up her day and provide some fun entertainment and steamy passion.

3 1/2 STARS
on 31 July 2014
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

This is the fourth book in The Jamesburg Shifter series, and it is brilliant. Each book can be read as a standalone, as they are individual books in this wonderful series. Written with humor this is a fantastic book. A must read for anyone who loves books on shifter s.
Opening Scene:

“Isn’t that the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?”

The Review:

Lynx-shifter Clea owns and runs the day care center for the local shifters. A job she finds fulfilling and satisfying, yet she wishes that she had a baby of her own to love. She also craves to find her one true mate, who will love her and who she in return can love. But past hurts are far from healed, and the idea of letting someone in, is too painful.
Bear-shifter, biker rogue Orion, has deserted the Dirty Devils Biker Gang. A gang he was born into and hates with a vengeance. As their enforcer he tried to protect those who were innocent, but after years of torment from the cruel leader of the Dirty Devils he’s had enough. Love and happiness might not be in his destiny, but freedom is.
When a daycare camping trip changes Clea’s life, in the form of a fir tree crashing down; she’s unexpectedly rescued by the gorgeous Bear-shifter Orion. Feelings of destiny and happiness wrap around them. Orion is determined to claim Clea as his mate for eternity, but first he must put an end to his old gang, before they come after him and Clea. But Clea’s past hurts still haunt her, and the fear of being hurt again is unbearable. Will Clea and Orion find the love they deserve with each other, or will their pasts drive them apart forever?

Notable Scene:

With every ounce of strength I had, I charged toward the panicking bear cub. I dove, pushing her to the ground and roughly covering her. The sandbar on the middle of the river had a little give to it, but not enough to keep me safe. I gritted my teeth, waiting for the impact.
At least she’ll be safe, I told myself.
I heard Dean shout and then I heard Malia scream. Leena, bless her heart, yelled something I couldn’t understand, and underneath me, Millie wept.
The tree, it was coming. I heard the wind rushing through the needles. I felt the blast of air.
A branch scraped my back. It was about to pin me down to this sandbar, I just knew it. My thick muscle would keep Millie safe, but me? Not a chance.
I closed my eyes, and held them tightly shut.
The pain I expected never came.
Instead, I heard a grunt. I heard a roar, and then I heard the tree crackle and split. I lifted my head to see what in the world had just saved my life.
Not what, I realized. Who.
“You?” I asked in the way you do when you’re staring at death and not entirely sure why you aren’t dead. “Is that… is that really you?”
“Might… want to move…” the massive, muscled-up half-bear groaned. “Like… soon.”
Immediately, I thought back to my feeling that fate was a stupid thing to wait on.
Yeah. This wasn’t the first time I was dead wrong.

FTC Advisory: Lynn Red provided me with a copy of Bearly-Breathing by Lynn Red. Published through Lynn Red. Kindle Edition. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review.
on 24 September 2014
I usually like Lynn's books and I was looking forward to a light, fun read with this one but I really struggled with it.

The plot was all over the place, the characters felt unfinished and I didn't connect with them or their relationship. I very nearly gave up on two occasions and, when I did get to the end I wished I hadn't bothered.

I've really only given this 2 stars because I enjoy her books normally and I don't want to influence anyone over the whole series. Please do read Lynn Red she's really quite good, just don't read this one!
on 20 June 2014
I have loved all these books but they just keep getting funnier loved clea and Orion (hot bear) and want a Jenga of my own, I hope there are loads more books.