Customer reviews

on 28 July 2014
Great book as was the previous two narrowboat lad books
on 14 July 2014
I first discovered the narrowboat lad on Youtube, once I knew he had also written some ebooks, I thought I 'd buy one but as soon as I read it I bought the other two. What a way to record narrow boat life as if is today, the ups and downs of boat life , well worth the read . A real plus for future historians coupled with his video blogs an account of how living his dream and the canals of the U.K. If you are interested about life on a narrow boat or even if you are not , these books inspire u to make choices about your own life and how to live your dream, looking forward to the next one
on 21 June 2014
I stumbled across Dan Brown's videos on YouTube earlier this year while surfing travel channels in the U.K. I was intrigued, and quickly became both a subscriber and a fan.

Dan Brown's unique lifestyle and creative expressions in his videos are transferred to an inimitable writing style in his books. One cannot but read it in his voice, and hear his slight chuckle at the humorous points. I've read all of his books available on Amazon, and was eager to download this one when it came out today. I'm well into it, and can affirmatively say that this is his best work to date. His description of the idyllic countryside surrounding Tilly, of the hardships that he has faced throughout his almost two years aboard her, and of his growth as he learned from those hardships is both entertaining and inspiring. I must say that I've grown quite fond of Tilly. She has her own personality!

The "Narrowboat Lad"'s writing is more than a diary of travel on the historic canals of Britain. It is a reminder to all of us that life is a journey, and that the pace of our journey is a choice that we make.
on 21 August 2014
This is a thoroughly honest account of life on the canals by a very talented young man. Dan describes his experiences without hype. He also makes one see the possibility of doing things with utmost economy and simplicity. No television for a start! To how to keep warm on the harshest winter. To enjoying the night sky without light pollution. To simply enjoying everything. <doigds@gmail.com>
on 15 February 2015
While reading this book, it was like going down memory lane.

From day to day related chores to days with friends, plus helping family out. Seems more fantasy than reality but as Daniel says, he made this life and blinking loving it. Without debt, he has a truly fascinating life, where he can live the way he chooses.

Plus as I write poetry myself, love the two poems in this book.
Just cannot wait to read the next book in this series. Truly a insight of a boat dweller THE NARROWBOAT LAD
on 15 July 2014
My first dive into Dan Browns books, and I was amazed how comfortable you felt sharing a dream that he draws you into and let's you enjoy the sometimes madcap ideas or just the peace of travelling down the canal. Lovely book, wish it was longer, looking forward to seeing more and hopefully meeting Dan in person as he visits my hometown of ellesmere on a regular basis.
on 21 June 2014
What a book, covers a diverse range of subjects involving life based on “ The Cut “ compelling reading and ever so slightly addictive , very easy on the eye’s but drawing you into Dan’s life style and what helps make him tick, I have known Dan since he first skippered “ Tilly “ on her journey to her new home and the trials , passion and tribulations as she certainly christened Dan and let him know she was going to be the boss in any future adventures they were going to share and what a life he is experiencing certainly increased the greenness of my eyes and the relevant Jealousy what an incredible journey Dan’s life is becoming and how simple but compelling his daily scribbling and jottings are when transferred into this the 3rd book of hope fully more to come ………………….. In actual fact I’m looking forward in a couple of years to BBC 3 turning into an epic journey on the Beeb recorded for many to see ………………. Well done as ever Dan ……………. Fond regards……………. Keep up the brilliant transfer of thoughts………………….many regards Dave
on 13 July 2014
A great read, could not put my Kindle down, I know where my next holiday will be! What a great life.
Really part of a series of such books detailing Dan's experiences on his narrowboat, this one is less about novelty and inexperience and more about everyday life and coping strategies afloat and on dry land. This stuff is a gentle read, it's a warm and squishy cushion for your brain and it's a delight to find on Amazon.

If you read this book - and the others - then you will probably, like me, be left with a warm and fuzzy feeling AND an urgent need to send him a telegram asking that he stop procrastinating, trusting to luck and forgetting the problem and get the ruddy engine looked at. As yet these devices do not have self-healing technology built in! Dan, please, get the ruddy engine looked at!

Well-written in an approachable and readable style, no vast grammatical errors or formatting problems, no sex, no drugs and no rock and roll - highly recommmended.
on 1 August 2014
I've read all 3 books now, and I must say I enjoyed all Dans books, but I think this one is the best.
Dan comes across as a determined young man who is following he's dream, and living it.