Customer reviews

on 22 July 2014
I fell for Beachwood Bay with Emerson and Juliet and have loved all the books so far. This is an offshoot to the series and I think this a fab new addition to the family!

Alicia is the consummate professional, good girl, over thinker and pining over unrequited love, falls literally into the arms of Dex, rocker, bad boy struggling with demons and himself over an event that has caused him his recent exile from the music he desperately loves.

What starts out as one week of no promises or expectations, just passion and discovery turns into two people finding their souls being fulfilled by the other....Alicia with her need to let go of plans and safe boxes, just to live in the now with someone and something real, being made to feel safe and loved even if you feel you are about to hurl yourself off a cliff...Dex finding his grounding and peace and the need to know he is good enough to be loved, a good man.

I loved their banter and teasing and dirty talk....I loved that Alicia pulled up her big girl bridgets and retaliated with her own teasing when Dex thought he had the upperhand! There was bound to be a blip on their horizon and it came......it was a hold you breath, toss your kindle at the wall, what are you both thinking blip!!!! Eventually, they found their way back and get their HEA.....but I would've seriously liked an epilogue to round that off...but so hoping there will be more of them dropping into future books.

At the end of the book was a teaser for the next Callahan book about Tegan, Dex's whirlwind of a sister and Ryland , Emerson and Brit's errant wayward brother (finally!).....bring it on....

Fab, enjoyable read, highly recommend!!!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author.
on 27 July 2014
I love Melody Grace’s style of writing, she makes you fall for each couple and the idea of falling in love in general.

I really liked the start of Dex and Alicia’s story in the prequel Unrequited, and this book just followed on with the greatness.

Dex is sex on a stick, bad boy, rocker with a knack for dirty talk and I loved him right from the start, he a sensitive guy that’s been really affected by the happenings in his bands past
Which really tugs at your heart strings.

Alicia is In love with her best friend from college, but he is getting married to someone else, leaving her heartbroken. So she steps out of her very organised and predictable life to take a chance on doing something crazy and unpredictable with Dex.

This story is just smokin hot greatness off the chart chemistry between Alicia and Dex.
The sex scenes sizzled and were swoon worthy. I was left wanting more and didn’t want this book to end it was so very good.
on 1 August 2014
Hmmmm... Oh my wow!!! Just loved this, one week no strings mmmmmm what a lucky lucky lady, I'd live to do something like that he he. Getting back to the story, I guess who you think your in love with could be so false or fairy tale but once you've found that connection like Dex and Alicia wow!!! Sparks fly in all directions n you find your soulmate for life..
on 21 November 2014
I found this such a deep and romantic to read I loved it from the start and it shows that true love will happen when you don't expect it. I found through the ups and downs they took the leap and eventually found each other so wonderful and thank you for writing such good books that you can read again and again.
on 25 August 2016
It took me a while tot get into the book as I have been busy but once I had picked it up I didn't want to put it down and it just get good and its ended I wanted more.. I will keep reading the series but each one leaves me with sadness that its only part of a story..
on 18 February 2015
Well written, the storyline is also well set out and the characters call to you. Overall I enjoyed the reading although maybe I would have liked a bit less drama.
on 20 October 2014
One of Melody Grace 's best books yet... I really enjoyed the storyline and I loved the characters. I couldn't put it down and read it in a day... would definitely recommend
on 30 July 2014
OMG WOW... Absolutely thrilling I laughed I cried, such a captivating story, Dec & Alicia battling through their own personal heartache can they survive the emotional overload....
on 7 July 2015
Excellent story and characters these stories make you feel like you're in them too, well more reading to do wonderful
on 7 March 2015
Really enjoyed this book, bought others in the series, liked the characters. Would recommend.