Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 20 June 2014
I have a confession to make. I am a teeny bit infatuated with Cedar, so it was great to read from his point of view! All the elements that one has come to expect from Ms Buroker's work are here - imaginative plot, great dialogue and interesting characters. If you are a fan of her work already then you don't need me to tell you what to expect! If you are new to her work then (if you like a rollicking good adventure) you are in for a treat!! Though I would advise new readers to read the previous three novellas first (which have just been published as a box set).

Looking forward to the next one!!
on 19 June 2014
I have really enjoyed the Flash Gold series and this book was no different. The story opens shortly after the action in Peacemaker. Kali is well on the way to building her airship and Cedar is still hot on Cudgel Conrad's trail. That trail leads him and Kali into some really creepy scrapes in this book. Enough to make one's skin crawl. And it turns out that the Cudgel also has some sneaky magic up his sleeve, which certainly makes life even harder for Cedar. Unlike the other novellas, this one ends on a cliffhanger! How could you Lindsay?

So, what did I liked about this book?

Cedar's POV! I didn't expect that, and it was really fun being in his head – especially as Kali has found a new male friend . . . I loved seeing Cedar's jealousy and his tentative efforts to court her. So sweet and so fumbling for such a tough, hard-boned fighter. As usual, Kali is fun to be with, but I think she has quite a challenge facing her in the final book.

I can't wait to read it.
on 21 February 2016
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!! I think Lindsay can do no wrong here. She truly has a gift!!!! I could happily sit reading her books all day, and have done on many occasions! If you have read any of my reviews before, you will know the next part I am going to write...
You must read, Emperors Edge series, Rust and Relics series and if you like the more raunchy side of this genre try the Ruby Lionsdrake Mercenaries series. Ruby Lionsdrake being her alter ego.
Any of her books, you will thoroughly enjoy it.
on 24 March 2015
I can't really remember much of the last books apart from small bits and pieces, with what the authors says in the front and it being two years since the third book in the series, but I think the best bit for me with this was probably the last 10/15%, when it all a picked up with Cedars hunt for Cudgel.
on 14 September 2014
And now I am once again waiting for the next one in a series a Lindsay Buroker books to come out. I love her female heroines that seem uncertain about men. I can't decide if I should be concerned that her heroes are diamonds in the rough, but I love them!
The books are sweet and funny, and I like the steam-punk theme.
on 25 December 2014
If you enjoyed the emperor's series;you'll love this one too. I just wish the stories were longer.
Flash gold, Kali, and Cedar could go on to stAr in a lot more novels, they're a charismatic combination.
on 6 July 2014
This is book 4 in the series and to enjoy it you really need to read the earlier books. Now available as a booked set. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flash-Gold-Boxed-Chronicles-I-III-ebook/dp/B00KZOQ0L4/ref=la_B004FSRHUE_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404651606&sr=1-14 )

Cedar and Kali are up to their old tricks. Will Cedar ever catch up and kill his nemesis Cudgel ? Will Cedar ever tell Kali how he really feels about her? Will Kali ever get her airship built so she can escape the cold North?

These are just some of the questions you ask reading this book. As usual Lindsay Buroker builds up the tension as you discover what happens .... and this time she ends with a cliffhanger.

I sincerely hope she publishes book 5 before Christmas otherwise she may stop being one of my favourite authors. ;)
on 23 June 2014
Another great read!! Can't wait for the next instalment. Lindsay Buroker is a wonderful story teller bringing you into her world with ease and creating wonderful characters.
on 19 February 2016
I really enjoy the way i am so wrapped up in Lindsay's stories that i forget to eat... I can definitely do with losing a few pounds lol, so i can't give up on reading her work.
on 29 March 2016
Excellent read by an excellent writer. Have read many of Ms. Burokers books and looking forward to more of the Flash Gold Chronicles. Well recommended.