on 26 June 2011
Let me start by saying, the artwork is beautiful! I can't stress that enough because it is with out a shadow of a doubt the best thing about this book.

The writing? Meh. Robinson fails to deliver any clear dialogue. Fails to hold the story in any way interesting. One second Green Arrow & Green Lantern are demanding Justice, but mid-conversation they mention a threesome Green Lantern recently had. It's choppy stuff at best, lazy at worst. But for me, the fact every character demands Justice, says Justice, literally ending every conversation or monologue with the word Justice.

I know it's called Cry For Justice, but a little less "cry for" & a little more "justice" would have been an improvement.

Needs work, but luckily this ongoing was cancelled to a a mere mini-series!
on 5 October 2011
Sorry-but I can't agree with the previous reviewer. I read a lot of comics and rarely do I get a book that stops me in my tracks. There are a couple of occasions during this seven parter where this happens. That is due entirely to the excellent combination of art and story. For me Robinson has always been 'the man' and this is a great addition to his work.

The story is very dark and really does set itself apart from the lacklustre MacDuffie JLA stories of a while ago.

Get it, read it and enjpy!