on 18 June 2014
I really like SL when I discovered her books 3 years ago and worked myself up through the Cynsters, the associated ones, the Bastion Club, the Bride-Series, the sister/cousin books and now the Casebooks.

I personally find her standards slipping and think she should retire and starts fresh.

It is a very tame crime story and no romance or even the slightest sex scene which, for me, are part of the books and why I like them. Like the two Casebooks before (Montague and the Diamond one) it feels the story could have been over in half the pages.

Even for a Kindle edition it was very pricey as well.
on 28 June 2014
A new case for Barnaby, Inspector Stokes and the group. At a ball, Barnaby`s cousin Hugo involves the band of investigators after he finds a dead body. It is another guest at the ball, a Lady. Over time, by following the clues and several false starts, Penelope, Griselda and Violet get become interested in fashion and the reasons behind "the murder" are revealed.

On dowloading this onto my kindle, I could not put this book down until I had finished it. Every twist and turn, you would think you had found one suspect only to find other clues which lead elsewhere.

Yet another good novel in the Adair Casebook files.
on 15 May 2015
Boring 203 page book. So dissapointing after reading all of her other books. Rid
iculous number of characters involved in many scenes causing pages of names being quoted rather than 2 person conversations. Waste of money .
on 18 June 2014
This was a well thought out mystery romance. Ms Laurens still "gushes", but not nearly as much as in some of her earlier novels.
This genre seems to suit her. It certainly gave me a pleasurable read.
on 12 August 2014
I glad Stephanie Laurens decided to more Adair stories. This one is a shorter one 2.5. All previous characters are involved. This murder come mystery is lead by Penelope and her friends as it needs a woman touch. A good twist in the end.
on 10 September 2014
Enjoy this authors books she writes good stories but I often have to skip pages of sex which are really long and get a bit boring. This one had less so I enjoyed it more.
on 12 October 2016
great book, arrived quick, very happy with purchase
on 29 July 2014
excellent as always,a story that is well written,factually correct and with sympathetic characters who interest the reader
on 8 June 2015
Very easy reading, a good way to pass the time.
on 27 March 2015
Stephanie Laurens fantastic author. I have bought and read everyone of her books and loved them all you will not be disappointed highly recommended