Format: Amazon Video|Change

on 9 November 2015
The film opens using titles made on a home computer that appear over a washed out picture that makes your TV look like you are playing a 30 year old VHS cassette. Lack of story, lack of pace, lack of acting and lack of direction.
Don't waste your time unless you are sick and can't get out of bed.
on 8 March 2016
Where on earth are Amazon getting these awful films from? I pay for a service to deliver quality entertainment and they give us trash like this. Reminds me of the days when you went to the video store to hire films that look great when you read the back cover, but end up being truly bad.
on 31 May 2016
Some people who viewed this film say it was too dark to watch. Ignore that. It's supposed to be dark. You see what you are supposed to see and in fact it is lit well with good use of highlight and intense shadow to create a foreboding and realistic atmosphere. with low budget movies, you can't expect a zillion dollar production but the film plays well and its production values are not as bad as some reviewers have stated. Anyway, that's my opinion and of course, we all have differing ones. worth a watch. mol
on 15 July 2014
it's awful
The acting is dire
The soundtrack is shockingly bad
the story is so weak, ridiculous and so lose it barely pieced together
The dialog is cheesy and unconvincing

I guess it's just not my type/taste of film
on 28 July 2014
Just say no to this one. I read the reviews and I became fascinated that the views were so polarized. In any event, I tend to find good stuff in almost any film. I really tried with this, and stayed to the end.. it was amateur, alot of overacting, story that had alot of holes and the twist at the end, was definitely not worth the wait.
on 25 August 2014
The reviews of this film were so polarised I just had to watch it.
Many reviewers say they gave up after 4-5 minutes which I really don't understand especially as they'd be quitting in the middle of a very well covered version of Led Zeppelin's "When the Levy Breaks" - shame on them!!! A further nod to LedZep can be found later in the film where (without giving too much away) it can be seen that the only cinema in Rockwell Village has been showing "The Song Remains The Same" for 17 years without a break - wow!!
Someone complained about the soundtrack, the "loud music" - idiot! - it's not 'loud' at all - turn your hearing aid down!
I do think it's remiss of the producers not to have included a listing of the music tracks in the credits at the end of the film, hopefully the soundtrack is available for purchase somewhere - if anyone knows please let me know.
If all you like are action movies such as Transformers then this is not for you. If you dig the X-Files or something where the dialogue rather than the action leads the story then you'll like this.
It's not all satisfactory however - one question which is going to nag me for the rest of my days is 'where did the scars on the back come form?' and 'why were they there?'.
All in all I enjoyed it very much - if you have more than 50 brain cells in your bonce you'll probably like it too.
on 22 June 2014
I enjoyed watching this film. I wondered why it had bad reviews. It kept my interest throughout and I would watch it again.

It is a story that could have been performed on stage, so it is not an action film, and has few or no special effects.

Like a play performed by good actors, it tells the story superbly. The story is well written and well acted.

It is a tragedy. The ending is realistic -- in real life we do not get an explanation or commentary -- and I found it satisfying.

In spite of the last sentence, there is an implied happy ending.

So, I enjoyed the film.

As the film made me think about it, I may watch it again, soon.

(I have no idea why it has a 15 rating)
on 22 March 2015
Despite the evident budget constraints and restraints, this is a commendable attempt, imho; the plot is way above average and actually trying to ask interesting questions as well as raise some interesting issues intelligently (qualities rarely seen in the majority of movies today). Acting is for the most part quite good. Definitely worth seeing!
on 2 August 2014
We were totally misdirected into watching this film based on a 5 star rating on lovefilms/amazon prime. It is truly awful and the makers of the film should be ashamed of themselves. There is a bizarre sequence at the beginning were "heavies" are pursuing a girl. Every so often throughout the film we go back to a conversation between one of the men and the girl. There is utterly no point to them chasing her - as is clear at the end - and I can only think these sequences are included simply as a device to help explain the preposterous plot. It is not what I would call scifi. There is definitely a strange premise but no real exploration of it beyond what you might get in a children's comic. It is that basic.
PS There is an alternative title to this film - God doesn't make all the rules.
on 1 December 2014
Student film alert! I'm impressed this made it in to the public domain, very impressive from that point of view. Very unimpressive from every other.