on 6 September 2014
Really good value for money and the new slim ps vita compared to the old one is really nice and the LCD screen very clear I would definitely would recommend picking one up .
on 25 December 2016
Fantastic seller!!! Bent over backwards so my son would have this for Christmas!! Communication responses were excellent!! I have never experienced as great a service, very fast, ever before! The Ps Vita plus Action Mega pack+ 8gb memory card is amazing. My son is delighted. He loves it. Great graphics, great games. Overall package and experience made my sons Christmas and mine!! Many thanks!!
on 13 March 2017
Thanks. . . . . . . . .
on 31 December 2014
my son loves this
on 26 August 2014
Well, I have received my first PS Vita system and I have to say, theres a lot to be impressed about. Upon opening the box you will find the 8gb memory card which is pretty much essential for this system if you want to take advantage of the 5 game offer this comes with.

First impressions of the system is that it is a nice glossy, well put together unit with a really nice display, which is also a touchscreen and is really responsive. The joysticks do take some getting used to as they are very small but once you get the hang of it it's alright, I recommend a third party Vita slim grip attachment if you have large hands and want to play it more comfortably. Now lets get to the pros and cons that I have noticed about the system:

PROS:

. Beautiful LCD display, the touch features are incredibly responsive and takes only a tiny touch for it to respond which is really nice when playing games.
. Buttons feel really good, they've got a nice clicky feel to them and the R and L triggers respond well too.
. The interface is very straight forward and it doesn't take long to get used to it and to get through the menus easily which is nice as the last thing you want from a handheld is over complicated menu systems.
. Games play very nicely on this screen, graphically I would say it is slightly worse than PS3 quality but that is definitely a plus for a handheld, it really shows the power of this little system.
. Stereo sound which is very clear and the quality of the music/lyrics come across very nicely on this platform.
. 2 joysticks which really come in handy for first person shooters and other intricate games.

Now for the Cons, like I said, this is a totally unbiased review and hopefully you will find this helpful.

CONS:

. The joysticks feel quite loose when playing games, I can imagine a child using this and breaking them without too much effort, you really have to go steady on the sticks, however if you are light with them they should serve you well. A good thing about them is that like the buttons, they are really responsive, which is essential for the type of games you need them for.
. The screen, although beautiful has already developed a dead pixel on mine, and I've had it for less than 12 hours so far. Fortunately the screen is very high resolution and the pixels are very small, so unless you are looking out for it, you would probably just ignore it like I have because I only see it when the screen goes dark.
. The finish of the unit is glossy, which is extremely prone to smudging, scratches and fingerprints, however, if you use the cleaning kits that are sold here on Amazon for a couple quid, it should stay nice and clean in the long run.
. The memory card is 8GB, however the 5 games included in the voucher go passed this limit, so I have only been able to download 3 of the 5 games from this set. Maybe not a big deal as you can beat one game then delete and download another but for me, I think they should have included a higher Gig memory card.

Overall I give this package a solid 4 out of 5. Thank you for reading my review and I hope you found it somewhat helpful to your decision to purchase or not
on 8 December 2014
Having just received this to give as a gift for Christmas for my son, I thought I would set it up for him on his PSN detail rather than the agonizing wait on the big day, for charging,installing setup etc. Despite being conversant with the usual PS setup, I still had to revert to You Tube to workout how to find the redeem voucher codes as is far from obvious.
This said, and as others have previously mentioned, this Vita comes with an 8GB card. Nothing in today's memory hungry world, and to compound the issue, the 5 games this console comes with, this meager card will only allow space for 3 of these to be installed.

Come on - Sony - an enormous electronics giant that actually make the memory cards do not even supply sufficient memory to support a package of games supplied with your own console? And it uses its own micro Memorystick style card so I can't even use a micro SD to expand.
Seems typical of a large manufacturers lack of minimal testing to supply insufficient external memory for a sales bundle package.
Disappointed.
on 26 November 2014
great ps vita I have had the ps vita a few weeks now I love the games I have its also great to hook up the ps4 and play them on the ps vita theres not much more left to say so go buy one you wont be sorry
on 30 September 2014
I bought this console from another place but felt it would be worth saying a few words after owning it for a month or so now.

This is a fantastic console. It has a lovely screen (although said to be better on previous model, I disagree). It is very powerful for a handheld console and remote play with a PS4 is an amazing feature to have.
Games are fairly cheap now and there are some quality ones to be had. The ergonomics are great, very comfortable to hold for several hours, much more so than the previous model. The battery life has been improved and lasts a good few hours of solid game time.
The interface/dashboard is easy to navigate and very well made.
Feels sturdy and well built, all buttons etc are nice to use in my opinion.
Can't think of much more worth mentioning but will definitely update if I think of anything.

Overall this is a console well worth buying.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was selling at £134.86 by Amazon, less than a month ago and was that price for nearly a month. So, I highly suggest anyone thinking of purchasing waits until it is closer to this price!
on 12 January 2015
I had wanted a Sony handheld console for a while. Even back with the PSP. I'm glad I waited however, since the Vita seems to have had far more luck in terms of its 'best' games.

Sadly this package doesn't feature any, which was a rather big disappointment. Whilst Sony's smash rip-off was fun for a bit, the other games (Outside of Injustice, which I've already completed elsewhere so never installed here) are rather a big let down. The two PSP ports are rather poor, as they are just straight ports, with no attempt (Or so it seems) to improve them for the superior system, and are of rather dull games, which are the main reason I never entered the Sony gaming scene in the first place, because of their mediocre game library.

Blackgate is okay, but still nothing to write home about.

Thankfully I bought some additional games with this system, that really make it shine out as a brilliant console, well worth its rather low (Seriously) price.

I rather regret getting this specific package, just because of the mediocre games. But all in all, it was still a good buy, so..yeah.
on 11 December 2014
Neat little gaming console and quite powerful too. Am yet to try out all the features though but so far am quite satisfied with it. I personally felt the build quality is better than the PSP and seems a bit light too. The 8GB card that it comes with is not enough storage. You can only download 3 games and store them at a time. It does not come with a disc or a game card but comes with a download voucher with a redeemable code. You can only use that code if you have a UK PSN account. It didnt work with my India PSN account and I had to create a new UK one just to download the games. I have heard that PS VITA is not region locked but not sure whether it really is or not till I test it.
The graphics of the Batman Arkham Origin game is pretty neat, graphics of the GoW is ok and graphics of the Killzone Liberation game sucks so does the gameplay. Am yet to try out the rest of the two games.
All in all this is a pretty sweet deal.