Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 11 February 2015
Wow. This is fantastic. I haven't seen the movie nor did I pay any attention to what it was about so I was totally surprised with the plot here. A fabulous story. It has a bit of a Neon Genesis vibe to it and of course Takeshi Obata's art is incredible. The "Groundhog Day" plot isn't new but with the twist of a soldier training for battle it sure becomes a completely different experience. This is rated T+ for its incredible violence which is completely necessary since death is a major theme of the plot. The book is action-packed from start to finish and ends with a shocking twist. Thank goodness I already have Vol. 2 lined-up!
on 29 June 2014
I loved the novel All You Need is Kill so I thought I'd try this out, and I got to admit, I loved it as well. It's how I imagined the novel to look like. The art is beautiful, and I especially love the Jacket's design. The story follows the book, with slight differences, but I won't go into it too much so as not to spoil it.

It's basically about a soldier who gets stuck in a time loop after dying during battle, where the same couple of days repeat themselves over, and over again, starting with him waking up in bed with his thumb in a book, and ending with him dead, then repeat.

As a rule, I rarely give out 5 stars, so I gave this 4 stars, the same rating I gave the novel. I recommend this to fans of the film, Edge of Tomorrow, Looper, the novel All You Need is Kill, and manga fans. Can't wait to read book 2.
on 27 June 2014
Bought this for kindle after watching Edge of Tomorrow. Had read up about the film and was surprised to find it was based on a Manga. Down-loaded it and read it in one go. It is a little short but there's a second part. Going to get that now.

More great movie adaptations should be based on Japanese Manga!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2017
Excellent Manga, still need a double take on some of this artl I Wish it was not so sad. My only complaint is its in two volumes. So make sure you get the other !
on 25 October 2014
There is not a bit I didn't dislike

And who I would recommend it to is enyone over the age of 18

Better than the film by a long way 5 star
on 15 December 2014
It really good but quite short the drawings are great and the story is addictive great for any anime lover or people that enjoyed live die repeat!
on 24 October 2015
Need second volume now!!!
Please buy it, fantastic read, great art, heck read the novel too.
Needed more words.....so your welcome
on 29 January 2015
Enjoyed it terrifically
on 23 June 2014
I read the novel a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Earlier this year found out it was going to come out as a movie and was pretty excited....until I saw the actual trailer and was like "what?" This manga is everything that should've been done with the movie, you won't be disappointed.
on 2 September 2014
Have not yet read the book