on 26 September 2014
This is a beautiful beast of a machine. It was a lot bigger than I expected, and the screen is amazeballs. It seems very quick and powerful handling everything I have thrown at it so far, such as Visual Studio,Hyper-V, 3D Studio Max etc. Tried a couple of games and it handled them well, although gaming is not important as I have a PS4.

Seems very well built, but out of the box, a couple of the keys on the wireless keyboard did not work. After a call to Lenovo, they are sending me a brand new keyboard and mouse set free of charge. In the meantime though, just got myself a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set from Argos (£20) which is probably going to be better anyway as its a bigger keyboard. Love the fact that everything is wireless and my desk is really neat and tidy for a change.

Another issue is that you can sometimes here some background fuzz coming from the speakers, and it sounds like either wireless interference, or maybe the sound of the processor. Don't let that put you off though.

Not tried the TV tuner built in yet, but I might just get a portable Aerial to see if its any good. Its not in a position to get a proper feed from the roof mounted aerials.

Very happy so far.
15 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2015
It looks great straight out the box
Turn it on, do the never ending Windows updates and it worked great until......

USB flakey. All my USB kit (v2 &v3) are run through powered hubs and all have been tested on other machines with no problems at all, on this machine nothing but trouble. It refuses to recognise some of the older kit (which was running perfectly on my previous Wi 8.1 machine) other kit/ports were continually dropping in and out whilst in use and on reboot it was pot luck what I was going to find working and what wasn't.

Networking flakey. I have Synology DS215J acting as a local cloud which is mapped to all machines in this house (PC & Apple) with no problem at all but (there just has to be one) over night this machine lost the links and when attempting to reconnect I couldn't use the drives letters I normally use because they were in use (??).

As already stated all updates downloaded and installed, supplied driver disk run, forums checked with nothing relating to my problems appeared to apply to my experiences. Unfortunately support is only available, live, during the week and I'm at work during the week so hanging on till they are open won't work as I won't be able to sit at the machine doing what they tell me to do.

As another buyer has already mentioned you don't get a full years guarantee with the kit.

So as the header implies It looks nice, but despite its specs i think it will only shine in a stand alone situation, such as studio flat, students flat where the TV/PC ability in a 'small' footprint would be a boon. If you try to use it in a busy networked situation it just can't cut the mustard.

Thanks to Amazon returns policy this is going straight back (48 hours of extreme frustration isn'y good for any ones health)
2 people found this helpful
on 30 January 2015
I was very pleased with the delivery of my computer, it was delivered on time and the spec is very good. It runs as you would expect, TV works well sound is pretty good and the display is excellent. The only grievance I have at the moment is that while carrying out a backup I noticed it only had 10 months warranty, ie. 302 days, bearing in mind the purchase was received on the 23rd January I wander how new is new!!
Trying to get in touch with Lenovo, will follow up later. without this hiccup I would have given it 5 stars.
on 6 March 2015
Excellent all round but for me the only downer is the lack of bass on the sound system. When I read spec and saw JBL speaker's I imagined something really special. Dont get me wrong its good but not as good as a separate PC speaker set up.

Update.
Dolby home theatre not working needs driver not available from Lenovo or Microsoft.Also speakers now are blown.Also very quirky would not have bought if i had known what i know now i wish i could return.NOT RECOMMENDED.
Further to my previous comments after 18 months the lcd panel has to be replaced at a cost of £476 please avoid this machine like the plague. Also a Lenovo laptop bought from curry's had to go back for refund.
on 2 January 2015
Amazing machine - works perfectly and well impressed with the wide 29" screen. Upgraded the hybrid HDD to SSD and it is now like lightening.
5 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 1 June 2017
Probably the worst product I've ever purchased, dealing with Lenovo customer service over a 3 month period has been very painful to say the least and again probably the worst customer service I've ever experienced.
I feel I been ripped off by a global company that needs to treat its customers with some level of respect I'm £1500 out of pocket and will never buy another Lenovo product again, I'm voting with my feet as will all my family and friends!.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 December 2014
Excellent device, Lenovo try to sort all the issues with their own software which helps
on 26 April 2015
great pc
on 23 April 2016
Very quick delivery, item as described, many thanks
on 15 September 2015