I LOVED THIS PREQUEL

Claire has been moved from different foster homes and at the age of 15 is taken in by a family. skinny,broken Claire has a tragic back story.

Chris is the son of the family that has taken Claire in, instant attraction despite Claire's appearance.

Chris and Claire become really close and become best friends to lovers.

A sweet romance and heartwarming but with Chris and his band on the verge of making it big time and Claire now in College will their relationship last with Chris's fame and girls throwing themselves at him.

The beginning of a really good rock-star romance and I can't wait to read the rest.

Told in duel pov's, brilliantly written with great characters.
on 24 July 2014
A good read
on 2 June 2014
Loved it!

Although I read this way after the series ended with Pieces of You, I have to admit I was always a Team Adam, BUT hearing the very beginnings of Chris and Claires story, completely changes everything!

Adam played an integral part of their story, in the sequence I read it in, and may now need to re-read them again!

SO....
Chris was so sweet, we meet them both when they were just turning 16, after Claire was found sleeping rough, after many failed foster homes! Even knowing this, gives you a different view of Claire.

Chris was this young, handsome, carefree lad, with issues of his own, which we learn about. How his life was before Claire and the band.

I loved that we got to know more about Chris's Mom, Jackie, I always thought she had a heart of gold. We get a brief view of Jake, Rachel and Tristan and how they were all were in their teenage years.

The connection between Chris and Claire was very strong, you felt that it really was a truly 'Forever Love'. Life has a weird and funny way of throwing curveballs.

Claire's life got a much better after she moved in with Jackie and Chris and she got to view life under fairly normal circumstances.

We got to learn a little about Senia, how different she was as a teenager.

As a reader, you get to understand all the reasons as to why Claire did what she did. Even if you don't agree Things happen for a reason!

This makes a great addition to the series!
on 30 May 2014
I read this after I'd already read book one in the series and found it a joy to read the back story.

I loved the characters, Chris and Claire's romance is simply beautiful. Chris' infinite patience as he tries to get Claire to trust him as a friend, in the first place, was so sweet.

Claire is a girl that has no place, the foster homes she has been placed in have not been pleasant until she arrives at Jackie Knight's house. Jackie's 15 year old son goes out of his way to make friend's with Claire giving her a sense of security that she has been lacking. After a long time Chris and Claire's romance develops giving them all encompassing love they'd never experienced before. As they grow they're lives take very different paths but will their romance survive?

A brilliant start to an amazing series.
Like myself, a lot of you have probably already read the Shattered Heart series. And you probably felt the same way as I did. It was such an amazing series. It was perfect. But now that I’ve read Forever Ours…. Wow. This takes this series to a whole new level.

You learn so much more about their story and come to appreciate the characters and sacrifices they made so much more. For the people who have not read this series, I cannot speak highly enough about it.

In Forever Ours, the author takes you on a journey through the lives of two young people. A story of love, sadness, and sacrifices. It is so beautifully written. You will become more connected to the characters with each page you read. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry. You’ll become part of the story. The characters will become real to you. And it will leave you wanting more. And that, for me, is when you know you are reading something amazing.

Such a beautiful story, which I highly recommend.
on 8 June 2014
I had already read the shattered heart series when.I.read this book but I still.loved it and it got me to 're read the whole series again. I know completely understand why Claire and Chris had to end up together and can't wait to read chasing abby
on 17 December 2015
Title: Forever Ours
Series: Shattered Hearts (#1)
Author: Cassia Leo
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 25th March 2014
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points), My TBR List
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

When 15 year old Claire moves into her new foster home with the Knights and meets future Rocker Chris, she is convinced that she is going to end up in a half-way house. But Chris is instantly drawn to Claire but knows that he has to go slow. As time passes they grow closer and closer, but they know that they have to wait until Claire turned 18 to reveal their relationship just in case she was taken to a new foster home.

Though Forever Ours is book one of Shattered Hearts it actually came out after book 2, and as such I've read it after books 2-4 as well. I liked reading it at that place because it gave me more of a background to Chris and Claire, but at the same time I already know how it ended for them.

Because for the most part of this book Claire and Chris were 15/16 it had a different tone to the other books. Though they were clearly physically attracted to each other, and acted like teenagers would in that situation, there was less focus on their physical relationship and more on the getting to know you stage, which is something that they didn't have in the other books.

Forever Ours allowed a lot of growth for Claire in particular. She had a lot of issues to get past and this really brought those out. I couldn't help but think that it just proved how strong of a character Claire is. And actually I found myself liking Chris and Claire as a couple more after reading this book.

Because I had a tie for My TBR List this month...so I opted for the easy way out and have read both...
on 29 May 2014
Wow!
This book had made me want to reread all the shattered heart series!
I can't wait for chasing Abbey too!!
This was a really sweet read following the relationship between Claire and Chris and how, even soul mates get pulled apart!!!
Claire has been in foster care since the death of her mother. She never settles because she never feels comfortable... Until she gets put into the care of Ms Knight and her son, Chris...
Chris takes to Claire from the moment they meet. He is friendly, accepting and understanding towards her. The more time they spend together, the more feelings grow!!!
With Claire away at college and Chris' band heading for the big time, seperation pulls them apart. Both heart broken yet trying to move on, what's going to happen next between them? Will they eventually find each other again? Or is it the end of their first and only true love? This was a lovely light read and a wonderful beginning of a terrific series!!!
Reviewed by Tracy @ Ladies Of Love Book Blog And Graphics
on 7 May 2015
I fell in love with this book from the first page. Claire Nixon has such a lovely charm to her character that you cannot help liking. I really wanted everything to go well for her, and wanted her to find happiness.

The love interest in this book is Chris Knight. The author has created a kind, patient and lovely person and leads you to feel that for once, Claire is going to find her happy ending.

I really enjoyed reading the first part in the Shattered Series. I would recommend this book and series highly.