Libby has lost her livelihood; her job, her boyfriend AND her home. For someone who has to have a plan in life, Libby finds herself faced with severe uncertainty of what lies before her. Which path should she choose? She gave up her old life to move to the big city, and now people of the big city have given Libby up. It’s time to see whether Libby follows her heart or her head….or her mother’s influence….
When you’re of a certain age, with your whole life in front of you to do whatever you choose, it can make you feel incredibly powerful. Your life, your decisions, yes? Well, it’s never that simple. What if you were made to think that a well paid job in the big city and power meant success? What if you were made to think that staying local meant you had failed?
After reading ‘Love Me for Me’ I felt so disappointed in myself because I had no idea why I hadn’t picked this book to read before now. You can tell that Libby is a lost soul, she has no idea whether she is coming or going, or what she wants to do with her life. As far as she is concerned, she made her bed and now she has to lie in it. I loved walking down memory lane, so to speak, with Libby and Pete. Finding out where they used to go as children, who they used to hang around with, all the little things that never seem important at the time. Yet, as soon as you’re an adult, it’s those little things that make your jigsaw complete. I saw some of myself in Libby’s personality because of the way she couldn’t find the confidence to go with her heart instead of worrying what people would think of her.
I seem to be saying that a lot, that I can relate to quite a few characters in stories, but I love feeling connected to a book in that way.
Reading some of the novel with Pete’s thoughts and feelings in the back of my mind, I could tell how much of an ‘old soul’ he was. Heart in the right place, but he was going with his head, the complete opposite to Libby.
I thoroughly enjoyed ‘Love Me for Me’. There was always something within the storyline to keep me wanting more, whether it was an emotional part or nosiness! I can honestly say I could not find one fault with this book AT ALL. Well, except that it had to end, but I suppose that one is allowed😉. Just like Libby, family has always been important but I have never been the sort to do family meet up’s. However, after reading Libby’s story it made me realise that family won’t be around forever and instead of thinking ‘i’ll go see them soon’, change that to ‘now’. Soon may never come around. Memories will stay with you, but so will regret, just as Libby finds out.
Such a thought-provoking read filled with love, passion and learning to make the ‘right’ decisions for the ‘right’ time. Absolutely brilliant.
on 22 February 2015
Absolutely loved this story. Pete was just a wonderful character and I fell in love with him from the word go. Jenny Hale had a difficult job here as Pete is still furious with Libby at the start of the book for what she said to him in the past but to make him so likeable despite this was beautifully done. Libby was fantastic and I liked her so much. I really felt for her in so many ways and I don't normally cry over books but watching Libby try to find her path in life made me cry on numerous occasions. I loved the setting of White Stone, it sounds a gorgeous place and somewhere I'd love to live, it was described beautifully. The love story between these characters was fantastic to watch as it developed. Jenny is a wonderful writer and I devoured every single word, cannot wait to read more from this very talented author
on 22 December 2015
I'm just about to start to read this book but if it anything like the other books then it's gonna be great ! I have read
Coming home for Christmas
Summer by the sea
Christmas to remember
Christmas wishes and mistletoe kisses
And all of these books I have not been able to put down until the end and then been gutted when they have ended and these books take me back to my childhood dreams that all (well most) girls have "beautiful and brilliant stories"
on 15 October 2014
After reading the other reviews I was keen to read this book. It was ok, but out of the other six books that I read on holiday, I would say that this was the poorest. I felt that the main character seemed to do nothing but cry throughout the whole book and the plot was all a bit too predictable. The best part for me was the mystery around the letter that the main character found. However, in the end that too turned out to be disappointing as well.
on 6 July 2015
A new author for me but one I will definitely read again. I liked the way the storyline was written suspecting that the subjects would get together but just as you thought they would something would happen to push them apart again. Not my normal genre but very enjoyable.
on 16 August 2015
This is one of best books I have read in ages, it was brilliant from start to finish I could not put it down. Definitely cannot wait for her next book.

Thanks Jenny your great author.
on 21 June 2014
I live in Falmouth Cornwall this book is so good at describing Cornwall and how hard it is here for the fishermen and people Don,t think how hard they work this is the first I have read from this author and I will be reading more I could not put it down. The way she has said what it's like to live here is so very true this is a great book
on 31 July 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 June 2014
I absolutely loved and enjoyed this read. It was emotional and warm and beautifully written. I was immersed with the location and characters. A story of love, loyalty and family. Blissfully escapist...enchanting.
on 16 November 2014
Used the title because Libby did not realise that working in New York was not the best place for herself as so many people in her town loved her so much...........