on 12 April 2017
I should have read first as it introduces the characters to the series Lakeland Murders. It was only short but I did enjoy it, and I look forward to reading more in this series.
on 12 April 2017
very easy to read, I found the story lines quite weak and the end lacking some substance. but the foundations are laid for the next book.
on 5 November 2014
Recommended
on 7 July 2014
A very good read with plenty of action and interesting people who are well thought out. A good plot and dialogue between the characters that bring the story to its conclusion.
on 29 July 2014
An excellent novella . It works either as an introduction to a new reader or --to someone like myself --an old Sakeld hand !! A benefit to this way of doing it is that the writing is more fluent and the characters more rounded.

I am sure this wouldn't have worked quite as well if Sakeld had written this first . Here's hoping to many more books in the series .
on 8 August 2014
I live in Kendal in the lake district and It is fun to recognise the places mentioned in the stories. I love the characters and the story lines. Brilliant as far as I am concerned.
on 13 June 2014
I find loads of new authors on Kindle but don't think I've ever bought 6 additional books immediately after reading the first one, which is what I did with the Lakeland Murders Series. I saw the other reviews going on about grammatical errors - each to their own - just read through them, enjoy the flow of the plots and fall for the characters. Excellent stuff!
on 4 July 2014
Loved this introduction to the Lakeland Murder series. I have read all of the books, they are definately worth reading in order for maximum enjoyment- and to now be able to read the prequel, how it all began, is a real bonus.

Looking forward to the next in the series.
on 20 December 2014
I really found this book to be really exciting and hard to put down as I was interested to know what was going to happen next.Would highly recommend it. Disappointed with the language sometimes otherwise really good.
on 16 October 2014
Unfortunately for me this was the beginning of Andy Hall's career, having read books 1-6. I still fitted this story in quite easily and found it interesting and very enjoyable.