on 26 January 2016
Really well written sensitive story dealing with the tough subject of cancer.
There could be sympathy with the main character Poppy as well as her husband in dealing with their anger and frustration at having cancer and all the implications.
Have read many of Amanda Prowse's books on sensitive subjects and really enjoyed her knowledge and approach to the various topics.
on 18 January 2015
This is the first book I have read by this author and I wasn't disappointed. I didn't feel that I would have enjoyed the book more had I read the first one of the series, "Poppy Day" although after enjoying this one so much I wish I had. Although very sad I was completely gripped by this book from the first page and was sobbing into my kindle by the end. I would highly recommend.
on 11 August 2014
Whilst, in my opinion, not the best written book, it reduced me to tears, which doesn't happen very often. The happiness of the couple that had such a strong bond, predictably made what followed all the more poignant. The author obviously has had first hand knowledge of someone in that position. The hurt, frustration and futility of it all was so raw. Have the tissues handy.
on 15 September 2014
Very well written I was in tears for most of the book. But couldn't put it down. Very good read.
on 1 January 2017
What a book!! This heartbreaking story about Poppy Day, her husband Martin and their two children Peg and Max will have you reaching for he tissues. Beautifully written account of a terrible illness, this must have been incredibly hard to write. This book is highly recommended by me so long as you purchase a box of tissues at the same time, you will certainly need them.
on 28 October 2014
I have never cried so much reading a book in all my life. It was so wonderfully written, I couldn't put it down. I empathised so much with the main character Poppy. It was heartbreaking, all the way through. But also gripping and just such a great story. Couldn't recommend it enough - but read it with a box of tissues to hand as you will cry and cry and cry.......
on 31 January 2015
I am steadily working my way through all her books on Kindle as they are so believable and excellent stories. What does annoy me is that about only 69% of the download of each book is the actual story of the title, the rest is chapter excerpts of her other books. I know it's to encourage readers to buy them and I cannot complain about the price but it is annoying
on 16 September 2014
Loved this book and highly recommend it.......make sure you have the Kleenex. Close at hand.
on 24 April 2016
These stories by Amanda Prowse are inter-linked and, having read Poppy Day and loved it, I felt compelled to read 'Will You Remember Me' and cried real tears at the believability of all the characters. I felt sadness at the passing of Poppy Day, but admiration for her strength, compassion and love for her family. I would highly recommend this amazing author!
on 13 January 2016
The thing I particularly like about these books is that I feel as if I know the characters. They crop up in different stories like 'old friends'
I first came across the main characters in Poppy Day, which I really liked but this story had me laughing out loud and then CRYING!!!! Couldn't put it down, I can't imagine anyone not being moved by this book.