Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 4 June 2014
I am surprised that this band does not appear to have been picked up upon by a wider audience yet, word is gradually spreading, probably in most part due to their busy gig schedule which is building a loyal fan base for their lovely music.
It was love at first hearing with first album On An On that introduced me to them in 2011 and I have been looking forward to Sound Mirror's release and it does not disappoint.

Wishing I was 30 years younger, so I could dance around in a field to this in bare feet without looking ridiculous but might still do it anyway.
on 21 January 2015
Is this prog?Does it really matter?
Recommended to me by a friend who knows well my music tastes,after the first couple of spins I wasn`t sure.
Yes,I could appreciate some of the interesting melodies and rhthyms where instruments tended to blend into one another,but the vocals!
These seemed alittle weak and far too "sugary" for my taste.
But,after a few more listenings the whole thing clicked,and I`m really glad I stuck with it.
The lyrics and vocal delivery suit the whole album perfectly creating a dreamy,almost spiritual atmosphere.In fact,what started as a weakness ,becomes one of the strengths.You cannot help but enjoy the way Liam Magill sings,it brings a smile to your face and works like a charm.Certainly far better than many lead vocalists whose delivery and style ruin many,otherwise reasonably strong releases.
Furthermore, after awhile the piece becomes almost hypnotic.The album should be played as one whole,like all good prog?
For me this straddles the gap between prog and pop,with many influences at work(some jazz melodies here,some psychedelic nods there).The album is very enjoyable(at only 35 mins short) does not need a label and should be enjoyed for what it is,one of the best releases I`ve heard for awhile.An easy score of 4.
At the moment,it is not quite up there with my recent favourites (see my reviews for The Tea Club,Seven Impale,Edisons Children),but it certainly has much more to offer than many other so called "classic" album releases of the past few months.And if it continues to get better with repeated spins it may even join my top list.
I`m busy telling others of the great beauty of this piece of work,and you should buy this album without reservation.
on 13 July 2014
Often described as prog. rock - and influenced by an eclectic range of East Kent music styles this album is differs from all other music in my record collection.
A highly professional and varied range of tracks with detailed drum rhythms and skilled guitar work - on every playing more to be discovered...
on 27 October 2014
Having this record on the turntable and glancing at the cover in hand, is an absolute joy. And this feeling is not a mere product of nostalgia; it is the actual impact of their exciting music. Syd Arthur is the best of bands. Period. (And I will repeat myself, rather aptly, in my review of "On and On".)
on 25 June 2014
This is what ears are made for! I'm no musician, but there is a tangible feeling of effortlessness and eloquence shining through this album. Highly recommended.
on 15 October 2014
Excellent follow up to on and on which should be experienced live as they have a much harder sound now the support slots for yes in the usa and paul weller in the uk have honed the sound to include fantastic improvised soundscapes. Buy it today for some truly unique tunes with echoes of world music ,bowie, nick drake ...etc etc ...classic stuff .
on 22 September 2014
There aren't too many bands nowadays I find interesting enought to follow. Syd Arthur is a pleasant exception. Adventurous, original, and not shy of admitting where their roots lie. I love these guys.
on 14 November 2014
A great album from a largely overlooked band; that said I'm hopeful that their recent extended tour will get them a bit more notice.
Write your local Pro-Prog DJ and get them on the air.
on 19 August 2014
Love this band. Not as immediate as their first album but rewards further listens.
Obviously maturing as a band and their musicianship is matched by the production.
on 10 October 2014
Quirky and different in its approach Not sure I would fee it is totally prog but different enough to maintain interest Be prepared to be open minded with their approach