Customer reviews

The Highway
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 9 February 2013
A Country Album that goes back to storytelling songs. This is the first time I have come across this lady and I have been treated to one of the best hours of music I have heard in a good while. I immediately bought her other two albums and would recommend these are added to your collections as well. I hope she doesn't leave her next offering as long as she has this one. Diolch yn Fawr Holly.
on 12 February 2015
great album talented lady
on 2 March 2013
Only heard of Holly a week ago but played no other album since. A wonderfully constructed album providing beautiful and melodic songs. Each song tells a story and the lady sings with a lot of feeling in her voice. She has a very good voice and uses tone, pitch and timing with great skill. You can imagine her crying tears whilst singing 'Gone away from me' and I defy anyone listening to that song not to reflect on mortality and the relationship with their own parents. Having taken us on an emotional journey Holly follows up with the more upbeat 'Railroads' and your feet just start tapping to to the beat. The songs are varied . Some great lyrics. 'Why are you shouting as if I don't have ears' on 'Drinking' speaks volumes. Not sure what genre it comes under as there are folk, country and rock influences. Not sure who to compare her with but some of the guitar riffs remind me of the Eagles of the 70s or John Prine. In essence, an acoustically driven album by a singer song writer with a very good voice. Buy it.
on 9 February 2016
excellent
on 2 June 2013
As a lover of country music, I was really interested to hear this album from the Hank Williams clan (she is the daughter and granddaughter). This is a mature album full of interesting songs with some excellent lyrics probably reflecting that Holly has had a fair bit to contend with in her life. It has become a real favourite for me standing up to repeat listening and grows on you like any good album does. A must have album if you like female country artists who sing from the heart.
VINE VOICEon 25 April 2013
I love Holly Williams voice and wish I had discovered her sooner. She could teach Taylor Swift a thing or two about real singing.
This is just a collection of really great, mostly stripped down country songs by the granddaughter of Hank SR.

The last song is really emotional and powerful so don't listen if you cry easily.
on 30 January 2014
Superb CD with excellent songs and great vocal performances throughout, definitely one of the best CDs from 2013.
Highly recommended
on 25 June 2014
A friend gave me a free ticket to see Holly and she was fantastic bought this album straight after it is a very emotional record beautifully sung and played, I've just ordered the other two. Go see her live
on 23 February 2014
Love this album. It has been on my turntable several times already. Just keep putting stuff like this out, and on vinyl, and I'll keep buying.
on 28 March 2014
Beautiful songs sung with emotion and feeling and you can hear the influence from her grandfather in her delivery of each song.