1000 Forms Of Fear
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 September 2015
I purchased this album based on the single Chandelier - I just couldn't get it out of my head. However, when I played the rest of the album I was disappointed to find everything else just sounded like screechy warbley awfulness - a sentiment also shared and expressed by a colleague who stopped doing his work to venture out and ask what on earth it was that I was listening to. HOWEVER....

After putting it on in the car and actually listening to the album and not just getting bored and flicking through it I found that it was growing on me. I liked most of the songs on the album and REALLY liked a few them. I did a complete U-turn on my initial opinion. Yes Sia is a little screechy at times but it's a uniqueness of hers. Listen to the songs, really listen to them and understand the pure emotion she puts into them. I'm so glad I didn't allow my first impression of it to discourage my listening, give it a go. And if at first you don't like it - try again!
5 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2017
Sia needs no introduction. To hear her sing is to leave a mental 5-star review. She is spell binding and one of the best musical minds in the mainstream. I'm glad she got famous again after a bumpy career. I didn't believe in astral planes until "Chandelier", "Big Girls Cry" and "Free the Animal" transported my pleasure-numbed eardrums up 8 or 9 of them. I even got my Dad hooked by playing her CD over and over again. She is sometimes singing about the isolation and uselessness of modern life and less than ideal relationships, but her powerful vocals makes you hopeful and ecstatic because... I dunno why. Great girl. I wish she'd tour.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2016
This woman is a breath of fresh air in the music industry. I have spoken to people who thought the album would be all Chandelier type songs, but no, there are so many different styles of song on 1000 Forms of fear. The current single Cheap Thrills is track 6 but does not have Sean Paul on it, still a lovely easy to listen to song. The previous single Alive is track 2 and I like this track. I knew track 1 before purchasing the album, I saw her perform it live on youtube and I liked it very much, a good power ballad but with the chameleon changes in her voice, raises it up a level, for my personal taste. My favourite track is Reaper, track 7, again a strong power ballad, but the lyrics are of a personal battle being fought about not wanting the Reaper to take her. She has been forthright about her addictions, and a lot of her songs lay this journey out for us to hear. I had to purchase this twice, as the first one is still in my fiends car cd player, he did not want to give it back! I have two Sia albums and am in the process of looking into older stuff by her. I would say give her a try, check youtube where you see her singing songs written for other artists, Rihanna's Diamonds, David Guetta's Titanium, she also did Wild One with Flo Rida.
on 31 May 2015
I love this album. I am not usually a huge fan of this genre of music but there is something about Sia's songwriting that has me hooked. She is a very talented songwriter and musician, clearly naturally talented as she comments on how a lot of her songs come to her in under 40 minutes. I love her vocals, I love the sound of this album, the heavy synth-pop sort of sound mixed with her down to earth lyrics which talk about some of the negative things going on for people every day. Personally really enjoyed this album and listened to is a lot over the first two months of buying it.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2018
Loving this CD. I got it mainly for the first track Chandelier which I first heard on the advert where Keira Knightly says "what would you do for love" I've heard others sing it more softly but this song needs to be belted out with attitude and this singer has it in spades, and this is what I like about the whole CD, I'm definitely getting more of her music 👍
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 May 2016
IMO Sia is the best female voice and talent on the circuit at the moment. The others are left in her wake.
From the well known hits to some real heart rending songs, this is a gorgeous album brimming with a craftsmanship few if any can match.
Why haven't you bought it yet?
2 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2018
Really good album of 12 tracks, with standout tracks Chandelier, Big Girls Cry, Eye of the Needle, Elastic Heart, Cellophane & Dressed In Black. Sia really found her feet with this album and her vocal range is stunning, with a tremendous break in her voice that makes her lyrics seem even more heartfelt. I love her harmonies too. Really pleased.
on 5 July 2017
A fantastic cd! I love Sia. Nearly all the songs on here are first class. Chandelier has three different versions on here which is perfect as it's definitely the best song EVER! My teenage son and I fight overy this cd as we both love her!
One person found this helpful
on 19 February 2018
The BEST CD I have ever bought! I completely love Sia. Every song on the album is brilliant. You always think that a couple of songs on any album you buy will not be as good as the hits that you have already heard, but not in this case...EVERY song was as good as her most popular hits... I'll say it again, absolutely brilliant!!!
on 25 August 2017
Noting is this a amazing cd but also this was qualified on my devices whilst it was getting delivered. This was amazing and I had listened to the cd twice before it came! Would recommend this cd for Sia lovers and just genral cd lovers!
One person found this helpful