on 1 June 2011
This lightweight nylon skipping rope is excellent for speed skipping. It is designed for people from 5ft 4" to 5ft 11". For people at the lower end of that spectrum it can easily be shortened. When the rope is stood on it should come up to the users armpits - with this skipping rope it can be adjusted to this optimum length. For anyone looking to improve their fitness or footwork this skipping rope is ideal.
on 14 June 2013
I bought Ampro Leather Propeller Rope, Ampro Cable Speed Rope and Ampro Pro Speed Rope. I wasn’t sure what to get, I was a complete beginner. Part of the review will talk about all 3 ropes.

As a beginner I found Cable Speed and Leather Propeller impossible to use. Pro Speed on the other hand was perfect. After about a month I got better at rope jumping so I decided to give the other two a try and had no problems. I don’t regret purchasing all three of them, because they differ from each other and they are all good products.

Pro Speed was much easier to use for me, as a beginner and it’s soft so mistakes don’t hurt. Cable Speed is a much faster rope. I am not good enough to test how fast it is, but the difference is obvious. Leather Propeller and similar ropes are sometimes getting bad reviews because people don’t realize what is the rope made for. It is not easy to use, heavy and slow, that’s why you have to work your upper body more. It’s exactly what is meant for.

I’ll end review with Pro Speed review only. If you have never been jumping rope before or have done it long time ago, this is the rope that will help bridge the gap. It’s relaxing to use and made of softer, thicker rope that will forgive mistakes more. It’s not as fast as Cable Speed, but certainly fast enough. Because of the rope material, this would be a rope I’d take with me if I wanted to have a rope on vacation. I still use it sometimes even if I might find Cable Speed and Leather Propeller more useful at the moment. I almost see it as a warming up rope for other ropes.
on 6 May 2014
From my experience of using this skipping rope so far it's been a delight. I can definately skip faster with this skipping rope than the Ampro Beaded Skipping Rope I used to skip with (Although this was expected anyway) so I'm having a considerable amount of fun with it.

As for its durability; I haven't had any problems with it so far. I think when half of these people say that these ropes aren't durable it's because they use them on solid tarmac or concrete ground/floors (Which is the worst kind of ground to use them on and not to mention bad for your feet!). The best ground/floor to use these ropes on, in my experience, is that black rubbery stuff found in parks (Usually near slides and other play area objects that young children play with/play on). I would also say wooden ground/floors or any flooring that cushions and absorbs the impact of jumps and doesn't create too much friction on the rope you get.
on 11 January 2010
Being tall and new to skipping I had many problems getting started. I skip as part of Muay Thai training and as the tallest in the class, oldest and least fit had real issues with skipping to begin with. got this rope which is longer than most and many of the problems were gone, still hate skipping though but thats not down to the rope.
on 17 September 2011
This is by far the best rope I've used. It is light-weight, well-made, and required no modifictaion, In fact, it was a perfect fit (i'm 5'8"). I found the leather ropes, or the ones with big handles too tiring on the arms. It depends on what kind of work-out you want, but if your doing alot of other things in a session, this really saves your arms. It's a good rope worth having in your gym-bag.
on 1 June 2011
This lightweight nylon skipping rope is excellent for speed skipping. It is designed for people from 5ft 11" to 6ft 6". For people at the lower end of that spectrum it can easily be shortened. When the rope is stood on it should come up to the users armpits - with this skipping rope it can be adjusted to this optimum length. For anyone looking to improve their fitness or footwork this skipping rope is ideal.
on 6 March 2012
It's a real shame, I love this rope but it broke on me within 2 weeks... I am a heavy user so perhaps I should be getting something more expensive
on 9 March 2011
Starting boxing training, and skipping like a 6 year old girl, I was looking for a rope to practise at home. After looking at other reviews, went for this one and delighted with it: simple, effective, just the job. I went for this as I'm 6' 4" and it's plenty long enough. I'm not sure how the design would allow you to shorten it though.
on 24 August 2012
I have only been skipping for about 2 months as I know its a good fat burner and way to get a sweat on. I had been using a friends rope but as he is taller than me I wasn't having much success as previously I didn't realise that you need to get the correct rope length in order for the rope to hit the ground at the correct spot and enable you to keep going. I am 5 ft 7 inch and I have found that the 9 ft rope is spot on. Now instead of having to restart all the time I am able to skip for an extended period of time before I feel fatigued.

The rope itself is good quality. The handles are small and easy to hold and the rope can be made shorter if needed by pulling it through the handles and tying it off. I tend to skip outside and although you can tell that the rope is hitting the ground as it has taken off some of the coating the ropes strength itself has not been affected.

All around a good rope.
on 21 March 2014
I purchased this rope exactly one year ago and it snapped in the middle yesterday. I only used it indoors but used it alot so one year's usage is not bad for only a tenner. I'm 6 foot tall and the 10 foot rope is too long (9 foot rope is too short) but you can shorten it using an electric drill to remove one plastic end cap, cut the rope and then replace the end cap with a pair of pliers, it's not complicated. I'm buying another one now so am putting my money where my mouth is ;)