on 19 April 2018
I came to Amazon to buy another of these fans as my first one (pictured) has given me 3 years of constant service and I’m frightened that this may be the summer it does die of exhaustion.
I’m totally shocked by the negative reviews saying that it is flimsy and easily broken. Mine has been thrown in my handbag, swim bag, the basket of my mobility scooter, on to my desk.. you get the picture!
My disability means I can overheat quite dangerously and very quickly so being able to carry this around with me, especially on my hot bus commute was a lifesaver.
I have seen people comment here about the unit leaking. If it is leaking then the sponge is too wet. You can pretty much wring it out and it will still work fine.
Someone else mentioned it being a bit of a pain having to re-wet the sponge etc My solution was to buy some sponges and cut them to size using the back cover as a template. I then put them in a ziplock bag and poured in some water, enough for the sponges to absorb and not have water slopping about in the bottom. Then, as soon as One became dry I took a new one, squeezed out any excess into the bag and put the dry one in there to absorb it.
This meant I could also put the bag with spare sponges into the freezer over night and still take the fan upstairs to bed with one sponge in it.

The only slight drawback I found is the it is fairly noisy so I wasn’t able to run it during meetings at work etc.
And of course it eats batteries! I did find it worth the expense of buying Duracell and the difference in power was noticeable so I wonder if some negative reviewers maybe used cheaper batteries. I figured it was a worthwhile investment as it stopped me from collapsing so many times. I tried USB to my pc at work and it barely powered it, but I haven’t tried a USB direct to a power outlet or battery pack.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 March 2015
It's pretty awful but its a cheap product so what did you expect? It needs to be constantly refilled and its more like a weak hand fan that blows very slightly moist air. Cannot cool a small area but if directed at face for example will kind of cool if you use icey water.

Would not recommend, essentially an expensive 99 p store hand fan that blows air on a wet sponge placed on a plastic plate. I really don't understand how this product has so many good reviews.
on 11 September 2017
I love it, i took it to spain to help with the hot weather, and it helped a lot using it at night
on 12 September 2014
good service nice product works well if its quite close. there is a sponge inside which you moisten [ not wringing wet ] and place inside . TIP. put in fridge or freezer for a while JUST THE SPONGE . before inserting. Don't let the sponge freeze. Stay cool people. before winter is here.
on 16 February 2015
I bought this at Xmas 2014 for my friend as she gets hot flashes and she is still using this almost daily
after 4 months. She is really happy with it and says its very effective. Tip: Freeze the sponge for 20 mins prior!
on 29 September 2015
I bought it to help me during my Labour time and it did the job.but it was very fragile..back cover of the fan quickly came off when handled by my 4 yr old and we couldn't but it back...also fan didn't have great cooling effect..it was ok...
on 31 August 2016
on 2 June 2015
Perfect for hot counties and portable enough to take anywhere... send out a really cool air. Just perfect for hot lunches on holiday.
But make sure you wrap it up in the suitcase well - mine broke in transit although my partner was able to fix it!
on 27 August 2014
Cheaply made, the fan broke off in the first day of usage. Doesn't cool as well as described and fan doesn't blow strongly. Not worth the money.
on 1 August 2015
Very good. Took it abroad and loved the fact I was able to change the direction of the air flow easily. Used with batteries as didn't have a usb point to plug into. Also nice and light