Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£15.83

on 15 September 2013
So, I went into this wondering if Teren could surpass Kellan's (Thoughtless trilogy if you've not had the pleasure) high standards and discovered that you simply can't compare the two. This is its own book with the exception that it's a journey of love...sans love triangle but with a gorgeous warm-hearted man who is also a little bit vampire. Don't be deterred if you aren't a fan of paranormal romances, as this is a vampire world where everything is much more 'realistic' and believable.

Whilst it starts out steady, once it gets going it is full of unexpected twists and surprises and it really ramps it up heading towards the end. I had theories on certain characters and I was way off. I couldn't help comparing it to Twilight on occasion very early on, but at the end of the day we all know the mythology and there couldn't not be the odd similarity. But on the whole it's different and In some respects I actually preferred Emma and Teren to Bella and Edward; they're more mature and their growing relationship isn't full of angst and woe, it's touching, fun and sexy with just the right amount of tension.

There's no painful cliffhanger, but there's room for much more and has confirmed that S. C Stephens is a versatile author with a gift of creating fabulous characters whose journeys you become invested in. I would definitely recommend and look forward to more because Teren stole my heart and is wonderful human-vampire being.
on 6 September 2013
Reading the blurb of this I was really excited to read it. I'm sorry to say that I was a little disappointed in it.

To explain I did enjoy it however I have recently read a lot of better paranormal romances. Teren is a sweety, yes a vampire/human hybrid who is a sweety!! This is probably where I had an issue. I think most people have in their minds that vampires should have a menacing side! Teren, until the end anyway, didn't really display this side.

Anyway to the book itself. Emma bumps into, literally, Teren and after he rings her a relationship commences. It isn't until a little while into the relationship during a make out session that she discovers what he really is, a human who is a 'little bit vampire'. After this Emma gets to meet his vampire great gran, bit vampire gran, bit more human than vampire mum and completely human dad. Unfortunately this visit brings about a relatively big secret about Teren's little bit vampire side.

In this book there are no annoying side stories distracting from their romance as the story is written completely from Emma's point of view. The end of the book, around the last 20/15%, I have to say, was fantastic however. It was completely unexpected for me and makes me intrigued as to where the story will go in the second part of this trilogy as i'm wondering if this part of the story will contain possible repercussions!

It's a sweet romance, well worth a read but be warned, do not expect a vampire in the true sense of the word. Think more human with a taste for blood on occasions!
on 7 September 2013
I think s c has ruined me with the thoughtless series as I really couldn't get in to conversion I did read it all but I found it was the last 3 chapters that saved the book
I was disappointed as I thought it could of Been better I felt it rambbled on too much and I found emma quite annoying at times and terran didn't have much spark
Hopefully the 2nd book will be better ?
on 28 October 2014
I love S.C. Stephens so downloaded this trilogy as soon as I heard about it. It has a different take on the Vampire theme but I wasn't disappointed.
A great read with a twist, I'm not giving it away , just read it for yourself!
on 8 May 2016
I absolutely loved the Thoughtless series and was pleased to find this. I only read the Kindle sample ... and to be honest I didn't want to read any further. Sadly this just grab me, it seemed quite dull and boring. I would try another of her books though on the basis of how good Thoughtless was.
on 6 September 2013
I waited patiently for this book...

I am not disappointed, I was drawn in from page one..

I shouted at both Emma and Teren laughed and cried for them..

Am again eagerly awaiting the next book...

She has written yet another wonderful book, am hooked...

Love it definitely recommend this and all s c Stephens books..

You are missing out if you haven't read her books...
on 4 September 2013
Before i start i have to say i love this writer!!
This book about a guy Teren who's a little bit vampire, and unfortunately also a little bit dull, meets emma, nice girl. She's a little bit dullish too, on learning her handsome man is a vampire her reaction is just "oh" and carries on regardless.
I liked the story, but it wasn't as satistying a read as i expected. It was a bit like driving miss daisy, it plodded along. Story was good and well written, but it just didn't have any chemisty with the characters and it dragged along, i kept reading and waiting and waiting for it to warm up, that only happened in the last couple of chapters. Story ended well with no cliffhanger.
All in all it was a decent read if a bit slow at times, if you want an easy read this would be for you, don't expect fireworks and a lot of emotions.
on 11 September 2016
Book measures at about 15 x 23 cm, so larger than the usual adult book, not that this bothers me personally! Arrived within 5 business days. Good quality product. Pages are a perfect crisp white as you would expect a new book to be. Would recommend product.
on 21 August 2015
Enjoyable romance about a normal girl and half vampire boy and the problems they face being together. It's interesting, romantic, funny and quite scary at times, but overall good fun and I look forward to the next instalment. Different and recommended.
on 8 March 2014
It was different. The beginning was a little rushed. It literally jumped straight to the story so I didn't really ever get to 'connect' with the characters. I really liked the storyline :) I couldn't really fall in love with Teren straight away but I slowly did. I felt that through most of the book is was just repeated over and over and over again. It did get me a little frustrated but then near the ending was so good! I didn't see it coming at all!!! I have a love/hate relationship with this book. Not sure if I plan on reading the next one.