Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 February 2016
I bought this for my nephew as a Christmas present back in December last year. We are both fans of Rock music and I was a Linkin Park fan back when they first started out. You can tell their progression of sound on this album but it has a modern feel to it. My nephew is 13 years old and he is enjoying heir music so they have kept with the times. I bought him this and the A Thousand Suns also by Linkin Park.
As for the seller the item was actually delivered really quickly for the time of year and packaging was all fine.
on 13 June 2015
You will love this, I ignored the previous two albums and wanted our linkin park back, this is what you get on this album, from the opening moments of keys to the kingdom to the last few moments of line in the sand. Chesters screams and belting choruses are back in full, brads turned his guitar distortion back up. Superb album with some guest appearances too.
on 23 June 2014
i have loved everything ive ever heard from linkin park, their last couple of albums have been experimental sounds away from what they originally came out with. this goes back more to their hybrid theory and meteora roots. love it!!!
on 19 June 2014
I've been a Linkin park fan for over ten years now and have bought everything they have released including the remix albums. I've heard great songs by them and not so great ones too and despite what others have said about the latest release this is without doubt their best album since hybrid theory. From start to finish there are no bad songs here but there are some that are quite simply brilliant. Until it's gone, guilty all the same, final masquerade and rebellion to name but four.
My recommendation is that if, like me, you're a true Linkin park fan then buy this. You won't regret it
on 30 June 2014
My all time favourite band has brought out yet another album that doesn't disappoint!

Granted it takes some getting used to at first but the more I listen the more I love it!

I know alot of people don't like their sound and direction they've gone to but they really are Unique :)

Yes it may not be Hybrid Theory or Meteora but just because old fans don't like it don't mean its bad and that they've lost it, Far from it!
I loved all their albums and I'm yet to say I Dislike a single song of theirs

A True inspiration. :D

Buy This album its Amazing! :)
on 1 January 2015
I'm a Linkin Park fan. Therefore I like the music they play. Others will comment about changes to style etc with the associated positive or negative views but I am much shallower than that. I will probably always be a fan.
I love this album although it has a slightly different sound on some of the tracks to the more stadium/traditional rock tracks they have been writing. I also like the 'fillers' that others are complaining about. I saw them at the 02 and the 'fillers' work well in a live set.
All in all I am still one very happy fan. More discerning music fans may want to go into more detail but for me, yes I can recognize the difference in the overall sound of this album but no, it doesn't mean I don't like it. Quite the opposite.
on 6 July 2015
This album has got better and better each time I listen to it to the point of possibly being my favourite LP album. The sound is going back to the likes of Meteora and Hybrid Theory but sounds fresh and new. Minutes to Midnight is still a brilliant album but with quite a few of the slower tracks taking up a lot of the album. This grabs you by the balls from the opening track and never really l lets go. Brilliant stuff.
on 2 September 2014
It's really good Linkin Park but to say it's their heaviest album yet, something I've heard said since its release, is somewhat over-stating it. It is however a really good effort at getting back to their original rawness but for me it falls a little short.

BUT, when you take into consideration that their original two albums were, for me, pure, undiluted genius, I'd consider that high praise. I do like it a lot!!
on 19 June 2014
Unlike some of their fans, I love how Linkin Park keeps changing and doesn't just churn out the same stuff again and again (and again), this album is no exception. I purposely stayed away from their you tube channel so I could enjoy the whole album for the first time when it was released and yet again Linkin Park did not disappoint me.

It's been said that with this album they are returning to their roots, with a sound reminiscent of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I can see where these people are coming from (the album does elicit some of the same feelings I got when first listening to Hybrid Theory) but I find the whole album different enough to not draw such comparisons. Put simply, this is an album that old and new fans alike will love.

(That being said I did almost take off a star for the 'I'm not allowed to say certain things!' line in Keys to the Kingdom, lol)
on 16 June 2014
For years fans of Linkin Park were crying out for them to recreate something akin to their seminal first album Hybrid Theory and to a lesser extent the follow up Meteora.

The issue is that Linkin Park penned HT when they were 18 year olds full of angst and anger and that reflected in the music and as they have got older, their music has matured and changed as a result. I've been a fan of Linkin Park since the very beginning and have looked forward to the bands every release however was disappointed with Minutes to Midnight and the Recharged (Living Things remix album).

Living Things on the other hand showed that Linkin Park were heading in the right direction and now The Hunting Party arrives and all I can say is Wow....this album does not disappoint.

The sound is extremely guitar heavy and Chester's back in full form screaming his way through songs and Mike Shinoda's rapping is as slick as always with razor sharp delivery. All the songs are amazing from the in your face punk sounding Keys To The Kingdom, the sublime yet amazingly catchy All For Nothing (feat Page Hamilton) who delivers an excellent chorus backed up by Chester Bennington to Rebellion (feat Daron Malakian from System of A Down) which is an superb nod to System of A Down and takes you back to when System of A Down were a force to be reckoned with.

Not a single track is a disappointment and that includes the instrumentals on the album.

Those fans out there crying out for years for Linkin Park to go back to their old sound...you have your wish....Linkin Park have delivered and then some...but with a fresher, harder sound that will be hard to beat in 2014.

Well done Linkin Park you've created an album that I can't stop listening to and is very close to my all time favourite album Reanimation.