Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

Formerly part of the duo Jonathan and Charlotte, this album marks the debut solo release for Charlotte. Jonathan is working on his own solo album for release in October.

The songs seem at first glance to be an odd selection, suggesting that Charlotte is keeping her options regarding her ultimate career direction, but for now she is content to demonstrate her diverse capabilities with different types of songs, which are all covers.

The one song I'm fairly sure I've not heard before is I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls, but I'm not sure about the Handel piece Lascia ch'io pianga. Other than those two, it's all reasonably familiar.

Among the songs are I know him so well (from Chess, a duet with Kerry Ellis), All I ask of you (from Phantom of the opera. a duet with Daniel Koek), On my own (from Les miserables), When somebody loved me (from Toy story) and I could have danced all night (from My fair lady).

This is an excellent album that should help Charlotte's career.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2017
Beautiful voice. Enjoy listening to her.
on 12 June 2017
Very good product.
on 16 March 2017
The C.D. arrived within the due date, and is as I expected it to be.
on 23 May 2017
Really loved it. Great to listen to. Great buy - very low price
on 18 July 2017
perfect
on 9 March 2017
Beautiful, clear voice.
on 2 March 2017
enjoyed listening to the cd
on 27 June 2014
Well worth buying. each track shows the scope and talent of this young lady. In particular I love the track from Toy Story" it was unexpeced and brilliently performed.
Having previously sung with Johnathon, it is great to see them embarking on solo efforts and this CD will pave the way for Charlotte to show what she can do.

A stunning CD that I would recommend.
on 10 June 2014
The whole album:

1) Feels like Home
2) Solitaire
3) Pie Jesu
4) I Know Him So Well (feat: Kerry Ellis)
5) When Somebody Loved Me
6) Right Here Waiting for You
7) Lascia Ch'io Pianga
8) All I Ask of You (feat: Daniel Koek)
9) On My Own
10) Marble Halls
11) I Could Have Danced All Night

Catch a snatch of Solitaire!

'All I Ask of You' is truly haunting, but 'I Could Have Danced All Night' is the one I can't stop listening to - rather like another great favourite of mine.