Customer reviews

The Last Day
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 17 May 2015
I thought this was great, its the first book I've read by this author and I'll be looking out for more now.I liked the slightly black humour and the main character was not some one I would have expected to take to but he won me over and as the book went on I really started to care what happened to him.I couldn't predict the way it was going to go at all and there was plenty to keep me interested and entertained.Good book.
on 4 June 2015
I found the book tiresome. Apart from the gereral 'plot' and a lurking interest in the 'how and why', it plodded along and, quite honestly, i lost interest and consigned it the pile of unfinished novels. After all, why waste valuable time reading something that is doesn't hold the attention when there are so many good books out there?
It may well, be to someone else's taste - thanks goodness we don't all like the same things - but it's not for me.
on 5 March 2017
I think this would have been better as a short novella. The story takes place in one day but a lot was descriptive text that felt to me like padding and didn't add anything to the read. It only really got going half way through and I found myself skipping pages just to get to the end
on 4 September 2017
A strange book. I couldn't decide if it was a serious novel, comedy or farce. The writing is good but none of the characters are very likable and the plot is far-fetched. I skipped a lot of it waiting for something interesting and plausible to happen.
on 2 April 2017
Not a book I would recommend. Much of the story was, in my opinion, unbelievable and not at all convincing.
on 10 April 2017
An ok read, bit silly in places but pleasant enough way to spend a few hours of a coach journey.
on 7 May 2017
I enjoyed this story, it was quite tense wondering how George would die. Well written and flowed nicely. Blah blah needed 2 more words for the review.
Storyline did not grab me at all and ended up deleting it from my library.
on 1 June 2015
A good read, enjoyed it.
on 30 May 2015
Quite the most idiotic book I have ever read. Title attracted me, but the storyline was boring to say the least. Skipped many pages. No idea how James met his end, nor how the hit man shot himself. Too much long winded explanations of venues and letter writing. But I did give it 2 stars for effort.