• Rain

Rain
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.10

on 8 May 2014
I'm not really sure where to start my review of this book. It left me speechless and in floods of tears. I had so many feelings for this book from the very start. Taylor is such a sweet young girl and her life is disrupted when she finds out she is ill. I immediately felt drawn into Taylor's life as she was a really easy character to connect with. More than that really, it felt like she was a real person not a fictional one. There are many times I wish that fictional characters were real or that I as a fictional character in their world. This time, I wanted to be there as moral support for her. Thankfully, she had Kyle to lean on. *fans self* Sorry but Kyle is hot!!
Taylor is an ordinary girl with an ordinary life. She has a hot boyfriend, Austin. She has great friends and goes to school like everyone else. Normal, right?! Well, all that changed when she found out about her illness. She felt sucker punched and her world turned upside down and inside out. Thankfully, she has amazing parents who support her unconditionally and she has a wonderful best friend by her side. Shame her boyfriend is a moron (this was not my word of choice).
When Taylor meets Kyle, she feels a connection that she can't deny, nor explain. They are like kindred spirits. He's kind, supportive, gentle but strong, all the things a boyfriend should be. But that's the problem, he's not her boyfriend and she is with Austin, so nothing can happen between them. This doesn't stop her thoughts wandering to Kyle frequently though.
We follow Taylor's life as she deals with this illness, her warring feelings for Kyle and various ups and downs. She is such a strong girl and yet she doesn't see it. You get to experience what she feels throughout it all and I was so sucked in that I felt like it had all happened to me. The way Rain is written is a sheer delight because it is easy to fall into and hard to come back out of - this is the kind of book I love. As I said in the beginning, it made me feel so much and I love it when a book touches me in the way Rain did.
I hope you'll take a chance on this superb debut novel by Christie Cote. She has an amazing talent for writing and you will fall in love with her characters because they are so tangible and real.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse