on 1 August 2014
I did a lot off homework before purchasing a 3D tv and it paid off. This tv is awesome. If you have a extra couple of 100 pound to spend I would recommend the lg 49 4k version. I hope this review helps you.
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2014
I was disappointed with this TV. Mine had pretty bad DSE (dirty screen effect) which meant there were darker patches on the screen. In regular viewing it wasn't too noticeable (just every now and then), but if you watch anything like Frozen Planet (lots of panning scenes with light back drop) it was all you could see. The problem is when you notice something like this, you then find yourself watching the problem rather than the TV.

I Did a lot of reading around and DSE seems to be quite common (but the extent of the issue can vary dramatically), and pot luck. I decided not to roll the dice with a replacement and sent it back for a refund - which Amazon dealt with very promptly (5 stars for them). I have now opted to get a Sony Bravia instead (assuming spending more will mean you get better quality).

Apart from the DSE the picture quality was good, and the 3D was pretty awesome. The Operating system on the TV though is slow, it takes a good 30 seconds before you can even change the input source. Overall was not impressed with this TV - and am glad to have got rid of it.
on 25 November 2014
Fantastic picture, Brilliant sound and was delivered before due date, very happy!!!
on 31 December 2014
I spent quite a bit of time researching what TV to buy, trawling the reviews and comparison web sites and I was not disappointed. I had been connecting my laptop to my old TV a lot and streaming films/iPlayer via Windows laptop/HDMI... so I wanted a TV that could easily launch the BBC iPlayer, BlinkBox, NetFlix etc with no hassle.... and the LG is great for this.

Had the TV for 3 weeks now, really love it, very impressed with it, I did read some reviews suggesting the latest thin TV's did not have the best sound, but I have to say, I have found the LG very clear and impactful - no distortion or sounds issues here. I also have a separate surround sound system, but reserve this for my favourite films.

If I am forced to find any areas that LG could improve upon, I would say the menu system (accessing TV Guide, loading Apps ...WEB O/S) is slower than I expected, taking several seconds to come up, and I find it a little annoying that if I switch on my Surround Sound Amplifier (connected via Optical cable), I have to go into the sound menu and manually switch over to Optical. This said, these are minor issues, that I can easily ignore.

One word of caution, check your broadband download limit!! since having the TV (3 weeks) we have double our internet usage!! - so switch to unlimited if you can!
on 8 November 2014
Very disappointed with this set, (bought from currys) it has vertical banding and dirty scree syndrome when watching football, (lg say this is normal with led screens) very poor SD image, wish I could send it back but not classed as faulty, cannot set picture settings to what I like.
on 21 December 2014
Excellent tv from LG the smart tv has come a long way far easier navigated excellent picture easy set up and a good price from when it first came out i paid £650.00
on 2 September 2014
This TV is awesome! I researched a lot before purchasing this particular model and even then I was only going to go for the 42" but I fell in to the trap of thinking the 47" wouldn't be that big... I was wrong, but I still love it.

The picture quality is incredible especially when you remember this is a LED pushing nearly 50" where plasma has dominated for so long. The set itself is a piece of design beauty with the stand looking quite the part. I have read other reviews from both owners and critics saying they thought the speaker quality wasn't good, I haven't found this to be true in fact I find the audio quality quite clear and crisp considering the slim frame and I have not done any adjustments of settings.

The main reason I went for this set was for the smart features and the WebOS is a brilliant innovation to access content on a TV. I followed WebOS from it's infancy, from Palm who originally created the OS to HP who bought it because they saw the potential and finally LG. LG have I think finally found a great home for the OS. The magic remote handles very well and easily (anyone who's ever used a Nintento Wii, which I would imagine is most, will feel comfortable with it) navigates the cards and online features.

I haven't used the 3D features that much yet as I'm not that big a fan of 3D and it gives my partner headaches. I have tried out the glasses and find it gives great depth and almost enhances the colour and picture but that may be my mind making it up. Yet to watch and actual 3D film so will not say this is definitive of the 3D quality.

If I had to criticize one thing about the set it would be the lack of inputs with regards to HDMI inputs. Samsung use 4 on many of their sets and for good reason. My last set which was also an LG had 4 HDMI inputs. This only has 3 which means I have had to leave out one of my units, luckily that is only a chromecast but it still just something that bugs me personally. I also would think that if LG have gone to the effort to include bluetooth for the magic remote it would have been good to allow bluetooth sharing between devices, but there we are maybe I'm being picky.

Overall I am so impressed and happy with this set. It delivers in spades and it was well worth its price tag especially from amazon, I had seen the TV £300 dearer from other retailers.

Also a big thumbs up to Amazon, I ordered the TV on a Thursday night about 10. I opted for the standard free delivery 3 - 5 days, the set was dispatched Friday and I had it delivered Saturday morning. Amazing!
on 30 October 2014
I had this tv a week now and can say my 5 year old tv navigates faster than the LG LB730v when using the EPG, all of the wireless smartshare features dont connect to anything unless your item is an LG product, there doesnt seem to be any supporting software for android phones, Allso flicking through the tv`s smart features can be frustrating because it is quiet slow to respond to remote comands and the WWW browser well what can i say its very very slow infact forget it i find it unusable, pages take forever to load and its not the connection thats the problem because we use an ethernet adaptor and we are allso on fibre at 38mbs so now lag there.
Dont get me wrong though the picture quality is good and if thats all you need then get it and some apps are useful. But for me theres still quiet a few things this tv needs to improve on for LG to call this tv a smart tv
on 9 January 2015
Great TV, Fantastic picture and sound etc but I am extremely unhappy that I Paid £749 in Sept 2014 and it is now £629 in Jan 2015 :(
on 11 January 2016
This is my second LG TV , the older one still works but wanted the new features