Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.58

on 13 July 2014
I like the book, on the whole. I can't help but feel some of the stories had been touched with the hyperbole stick. It was very honest, very raw and personal, and really quite funny at times. I don't think Ben's problems were of a spiritual nature though. I think they were closer to home. His issues with his stepfather/father for example, obviously affected his life. I think he had abandonment issues that psychologically affected him, and could have explained a lot of his chaotic and frankly reckless behaviour as an adult. Perhaps he just needs to sit down with his fractured family and thrash out some of the stuff that still rankles. Or maybe some wounds are too deep. he is a promising writer though, and certainly knows how to engage a reader.
on 3 August 2014
I'm not quite sure what I was expecting from this book but I was very pleasantly surprised. I don't normally read autobiographies but stumbled across this in an email from Amazon and started to read it only to be chuckling away in no time. For an ordinary bloke, Ben has had some great and often very funny adventures and I was sorry to reach the end of his story to date. It wasn't all laughs and there were some serious and downright dangerous times in his life but all very interesting and enjoyable to read. I hope this book does well for him and that Lady Luck shines very favorably on his future. A great read and I thoroughly recommend it.
on 6 August 2014
An interesting and insightful story written with humour and hope in the face of dark thoughts and times. You can't help but warm to Ben as he blunders through life with passion searching for what we all strive for, happiness. His musings explore the very nature of the human condition and in his case crippling depression. You can't help but admire his tenacity and crazy escapades. I found the end particularly moving and will be looking out for a sequel in around three decades time to see where Lady Luck and Ben finally end up.
on 28 May 2014
A touching autobiography detailing the life of a 'normal' guy. This is a thoroughly well written account of Bens ups and downs through life.

The book is side splittingly funny while managing to convey a heart breakingly beautiful story of one mans search for happiness.

To truly bear your soul in print must take amazing courage, hopefully that honesty will be rewarded with a successful writing career.

Highly recommended first book!
on 10 September 2014
It is interesting reading about the variety of countries he has visited. I don't like the continuous swearing and referral to drugs. I realise he suffers from depression but he does appear to feel very sorry for himself.
on 26 August 2014
Regretted buying this book not far into it but I can't stop reading a book part way through in case it gets better, in this case not though! It is just the drink and drug fuelled escapades of a private school spoiled brat who has no regard for others. Drink /drug driving on numerous times is nothing to be proud of. If less drugs and alcohol had been taken maybe his mental health would be better!!
on 5 November 2014
This is an honest, and at times emotionally charged, tale of one man's battle with depression. As a fellow sufferer I 'get' where he's coming from. The places he's visited and the scrapes he has found himself in make for a fascinating and often hilarious read! I highly recommend Lady Luck and Me and look forward to the next book Ben writes.
on 28 May 2014
From the acknowledgements to the heart wrenching last page an hysterical roller coaster. Unexpectedly moving and disturbing whilst making you laugh sometimes out loud (embarrassing on the train!) A truly cracking read. Highly recommended
on 19 May 2014
A funny but also heartbreaking account of one mans struggle to find happiness.
Painfully sad and laugh out loud funny. An insight into the dark world of depression.
on 5 May 2014
The funniest book I've read for ages - or maybe the saddest? So painfully truthful, you just couldn't make it up! Very well written and loads of laughs. One to ponder long after you've finished it.