on 20 September 2015
I puzzled greatly over the number of stars to give this book. I will start by saying that you often see reviews complaining a book is too short - this book is far too long. The writing style is probably the best I have seen in JAFF - but nothing really HAPPENS over the many,many pages. The children of Darcy and Lizzy are introduced into the book, of course, but you are never given any sense of them as real people nor any real feel of what sort of parents the Darcys are - there is a remark near the end of the book which implies that the two eldest children at least are intimidated by their father which seems highly unlikely given the upbringings of both Darcy himself and Elizabeth. I believe at this point the author is just trying to breath some life into the characterless youngest son, named Bennett, who is supposed to be a rebel but is actually portrayed at various points as an idiot, a socialist and who goes on to marry (shock, horror) an American.

The marriage of Darcy and Lizzy,although very sweet, also tends toward the boring. A huge part of Lizzy's appeal to Darcy is that she challenges him - she certainly does no such thing in this book. In fact, and rather alarmingly, towards the end of the book she appears to be turning into her mother. She does make one speech to her daughter about not judging people, after said daughter has made some utterly crass remarks which suggest she knows nothing about her parents at all - but Lizzy's speech in reply goes nowhere, we are not shown how the daughter reacts in any way (in fact, I thought a page was missing). It is as if the author suddenly realised Lizzy needed to show she had learned the lessons outlined in the original P&P - quite timely given that earlier in the story she showed prejudiced opinions about one of her oldest friends in a way that was very similar to the way she originally judged Darcy.

If you enjoy P&P variations, this is certainly very well written but I did often find myself checking how many pages were left and although characters and situations were well set-up,everything seemed to be resolved too easily and with no real drama. It may even be that this would have been better split into another 2 or 3 volumes where the author would have been able to develop ideas in a more satisfying manner.
on 6 May 2014
Have you, like so many others, ever wondered what happened after Darcy and Eliza Bennett said 'I do'? Well, here's the answer; take a look and find out! Well-written and easy to read.
on 25 May 2014
This felt more like an extended epilogue to P&P rather than an actual stand alone continuation story, if that makes sense! There were lots of good ideas but I didn't like the style of presentation of them. I liked Darcy in the role of Knight Errant but the happy ever after with nothing really dramatic happening was slightly dull.
on 2 June 2014
I have just finished reading the sample and now I HAVE to buy the whole book. I love the way in which, at least at the beginning, the characters start their life together in such a normal way, pretty much like every couple of newlyweds. Loving it!!
UPDATE: OK, I have just finished the whole book and apart from the chapter where it describes Caroline Bingley's second husband's inclinations, I am still giving it 5 stars. I love the way it thoroughly tells about everybody's life, the description of their personalities and how there are no lose ends for any of the characters. There are a few misspelling but the story engaged me so much that I can overlook that easily, and there aren't that many anyway. Completely enjoyable read. Loved it!!!
on 1 January 2016
A lovely insight into the lives of Elizabeth and Mr Darcy and how their futures unfolds.

An amazing read for anyone who has a true passion and love for Pride & Prejudice

5 out of 5 simply because of the ending : )
on 9 June 2014
I am not usually a fan of sequels, but was encouraged to read this by a friend.
From the start, Turner takes great pains to ensure that her use of language adheres to Austen 's literary style. In fact you often find yourself stumbling over a familiar phrase from the original text.
The story lines are believable, and in keeping with the original character betrayals.
All in all a very pleasurable read.
on 29 May 2015
Initially I was hooked but then we have unfinished sub plots and time zooms forward at too fast a pace. This had the potential to 'be fab with its authentic characterisation and one liners from the original story, but overall it disappointed.
on 21 June 2014
I must say this book was a real find among the vast array of P & P variations. The author has manage to recreate the Austen style and develops the main characters into middle age and beyond. I will look out for further books by Yve Turner.
on 20 May 2014
Loved the title and engaging writing style, which is in keeping with the time and era. The characters too remain true to form and this sequel could almost have been written by Jane Austen herself! Would definitely recommend.
on 10 June 2014
I WAS ENCOURAGED TO READ THIS BY A FRIEND THAT HAD DOWNLOADED IT HERSELF,,,,, I'M GLAD I DID, I'M ENJOYING THE STORY MORE THAN I'DH THOUGHT AND FOUND THE STORYLINE EASY AND ENJOYABLE TO ENGAGE IN,,,, WELL DONE MS TURNER,,, ITS A BIGGIE TO ATTEMPT A SEQUEL,,, AND YOU DID A GREAT JOB OF IT SO FAR, LOOKING FORWARD TO FINISHING IT,,,