on 28 October 2014
This is a collection of satanism themed stories from Conrad Jones. My first forays into horror wre the Dennis Wheatley books like 'To the Devil a Daughter' and since that tender age I've had a soft spot for occult themed horror. It's something that has faded a bit but it's good to see modern versions on these old fears.

For me the first two stories were the highlight of the book (partly because I'd already read the included novel). Both stories share a common character and I would have enjoyed reading more about the Librarian. While the stories are well written and stand up well on their own as a combination to represent his life I think more could have been done.

The collection includes the full novel 'A Child for the Devil' which I had read before. It's a good story about a writer who finds himself caught in the world of a satanic cult. I enjoyed reading it a second time as much as the first time. It tries a little too hard to establish the authenticity of its existence early on, but once it gets settled it's a fine read.

The final story is a cross over with another author's character and provided a nice taste of something wider, but wasn't really satisfying on its own.

It's an odd collection, if you haven't read the novel then this is worthwhile as it's enough to carry the book on it's own. If you've read it then the extras may not be worth it. Although it is reasonably priced and I did enjoy it - one for fans of occult horror to take a look at.
on 10 August 2014
Just finished The Book of Abominations and I feel as though I don't know what to believe! Does this Order really exist? I'm too scared to google it to find out! Having said that, I really did enjoy it and would definitely read Conrad Jones again. Would highly recommend this book
on 29 August 2014
For those who enjoy darker reading then you will enjoy this...a book that is difficult to put down and is unsettling at times. Dark, mysterious and downright chilling. Enjoy.
on 19 August 2016
I really enjoyed the first half of this story. It was genuinely scary and a good nerve racking read. As the story went on however, it began to lose all subtlety, and with it any sense of trepidation. The main character goes from being protective of his dog, to actively using it as a killing machine. Something he had earlier claimed it was not.
When he decided to make his own pipe bombs in order to go on some sort of Rambo revenge mission, I stopped reading.
on 2 December 2015
Would not be every body's cup of tea but quite enjoyable nevertheless alot of what conrad writes about in this is apparently based on fact the organisation The Nine Angles.certainly dose seem to exist and satinism appears to be rife in the UK having said that the world is so full of looney s these days nothing surprises me anymore and if these events actually did happen I'm getting myself a staffie
on 25 September 2014
Excellent read and professionally delivered. Mr Jones manages a great first person take on the main story, drawing in the reader in a quite novel way (pun intended)! A unilaterally good collection of plots all tied in to a single main story. Viscerally painted, and written in a very easily read style, this book screams along a scary highway to he'll. Loved it!
on 31 July 2014
i am interested in the occult and found this book a good read with some nice gory bits
5 star rating is just deserved.
Great author
I have read all your books and found it very hard to stop reading once I start no matter how sleepy I feel .
Great work buddy don't ever stop
on 17 November 2016
Could not put this book down.another brilliant book from conrad jones.
A look into another way of life .true or false.a very good read.
on 10 December 2014
Quiet a good read. Pleasantly surprised. Had a touch of Denis Wheatley and in fact I liked this better than Wheatley's books.