on 20 August 2017
I bought this as an extender to work with my current wifi setup. The instructions are fairly simple. Problem is I can not get it to work no matter what I do. I can get the thing to recognise my connection, I can get it to complete its setup phase but once everything appears to be finished, I connect to it and get zero internet.

So then I began spending hours and hours searching on the Asus website to find solutions but there is literally nothing or online in the manual that deals with the possibility that something might go wrong. When I open the connection details (accessed through a browser) I'm hit with about a hundred complicated options that are impossible to understand without some kind of basic guidance. Why is this console available if I'm not provided with a manual to make sense of it? Probably worth noting that I'm a pretty technically savvy person and am willing to put in the time to solve problems of this sort. But without any support or documentation beyond the simple setup instructions, I'd need to be an IT professional to fix this problem. Tried contacting the UK number provided by Asus that came with the device and was informed the number doesn't work. Check mate. I'm done with this pile of worthless junk.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2017
Very poor I really like asus products but unfortunately I could not get this to work with my rt-ac5300 router went through the setup seems to work then you lose your internet connection very unstable I am technically minded but just could not get it to run stable what ever I did also the signal strength is poor what a shame
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2017
Terrible setup procedure - no Firmware/Software update available - there are multiple bugs also. I even paired this with my Asus main router and it still did not work properly. Constantly looses connection with main router. Do not buy this - very dissapointing as most other Asus router products are very good quality.
on 18 October 2017
This booster has been in my house for two years now and we could not live without it.
Makes the signal at the far end of the house very strong and reliable.
on 3 May 2017
I had a couple of dead Wi-Fi spots in my home. I had looked into many other (more expensive) solutions then spotted this. It is perfect - sooo easy to set up and configure and works beautifully.
on 28 April 2017
We used this as an extender and it can drive our 2 4K TVs on wifi. Great for our wall mounted unit - no wires !
on 16 September 2017
I've been using it for a few months and this device is just buggy and keep loosing connections randomly being as an Access Point, Repeater ... there is no support from Asus. It's more stable as an 802.11n on the 2.4Ghz band but too unstable as a 802.11ac device. Avoid
on 12 October 2017
As a 70+ minimal-techie I approached the problem of extending my WiFi range with trepidation. However this extender linked effortlessly with my RT-AC66U Router using the WPS button and now I have a strong signal throughout a 3 storey old property.
on 4 September 2017
I have noticed no difference to the strength of my internet signal. I have put this in a central location and currently think it was a waste of money.
on 4 September 2017
Does what it says on the tin!