on 4 June 2017
This keyboard is just brilliant! It is a nice chunky mechanical keyboard that is perfect for gaming, or for anyone who likes a chunky keyboard.
It is rather heavy and feels very solid so I feel it will stand up to a lot of use, which also makes it perfect for gamers.
The WASD buttons are bright red, as well as the arrow buttons, to make it really easy to see your gaming keys.
It also lights up, 3 different colours, and there are also 3 brightness levels for the light.
The keys are raised up high for ease of use, and the keys are quiet, but the space bar makes a nice noise so you know when you have hit it. I really like that about it.
It also has integrated media controls.
I highly recommend this keyboard!
Tecknet have yet again exceeded my expectations!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 9 June 2017
I love my gadgets and gizmos, especially when it comes to having a decent gaming setup. I wanted a new keyboard to finish up the second setup that I have in the house. I was looking for a mechanical keyboard as I find them more effective when playing PC games. I came across this mechanical feeling keyboard and figured that for the price, it was worth it.

When it arrived, I was instantly impressed by the build quality. It feels very well made, right down to the cursor keys, and has a nice bit of weight to it. I like the minimalist design that it has as well.

There is a nice amount of LED lighting options. The light is really good and looks really nice as well.

The keys are very responsive, when it comes to both typing and gaming. On other gaming keyboards, the mechanical switches can be quite loud when in use, which makes typing at night quite difficult when the rest of the family are sleeping. With this keyboard, the key switches aren't too loud, which saves me getting moaned at.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. A mechanical feeling keyboard with a nice range of LED lighting options, reasonably quiet switches, and aesthetically, very pleasing to look at, and it doesn't break the bank! Very highly recommended!!
New addition to the budget set up for my brothers birthday coming up mid May. Very simple, not too loud and offers 3 varieties of LED colours which is ace! Looks great with a black extended mat and preferably a matching mouse aha. Good price for what you get and it's on Amazon prime so fast delivery all round

Overall very happy with my purchase

No complaints to be made!
on 27 May 2017
So I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of this keyboard, the keyboard is incredibly satisfying to type on and it is very bright.

Pros
-Disable the Windows key with one button: this is incredibly useful when gaming to stop accidental key presses.
-LED Lighting: there are incredibly bright LED lights on this keyboard, with 3 different colors and variable brightness it looks awesome anywhere, especially in low light.
-Red W,A,S,D and arrow keys: when you quickly need to find these keys this can be really useful.
-Braided cable: The cable is wrapped so it won't break.
-Bright LEDs on Caps And Numlock: Nice to have bright lights so that it is easy to see at a quick glimpse.

Cons
-Spacebar is quite loud: it doesn't really matter but it's something to bear in mind.

Overall Conclusion:
I would really recommend this for anyone in the market for a budget gaming keyboard especially because of the backlighting.
on 5 June 2017
What a great addition for such a small price!
The keyboard comes in the hassle free cardboard packaging and wrapped in soft wrapping, I was surprised by just how heavy the box was.
It is a lovely looking keyboard with the raised buttons and little screws on the top make it look premium.
The cable is braided so won't twist like my old keyboard and the usb is gold plated.
When plugging it in windows installed the drivers within seconds and the lights came on and it looks fantastic, the colours are bright but this can be turned down on the keyboard using the 'fn' keys, the lights are also smooth across the board so no patchy lights here and there.
The red lights look very good and the purple is very nice but I set mine to blue to match the gaming mouse I have. You can also set the lights to rotate and again the speed can be changed using the 'fn' keys.
I am an 'older gamer' and have a wrist injury so use wrist supports for my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard with the legs folded out was at a great angle to use and the ability to lock the windows key was fantastic.

Overall I think this is a great keyboard especially for the price.
review image review image review image review image
on 29 May 2017
 This is a good keyboard on a budget, for £20 that is.I know some people have had the USA layout for this keyboard but i got the UK layout which is good.

Quality wise, it feels good for the price. Before opening, i realised the weight. This was quite heavy. Onto the actual keyboard for the price, it is good. When i say that, i mean, it feels as good as some keyboard that are double the price or even triple or more. It has very minimal flex to it for the materials used. There is a nice braided cable with a good solid connection into the keyboard but it is non-removable.

The keyboard itself is not too loud (apart from the spacebar which i will get to) and offers 3 varieties of LED colours. Red, purple,and blue with 3 brightness settings. Along with off and a pulsing/breathing effect which scrolls through all 3 LED colours and has 3 speeds for this effect.

The keys have sort of a gamey looking font on them, but i do not mind as i rarely look down at my keyboard. There are functions for volume control and music control, mail, and more.

On to the spacebar, it feels cheap unlike the other keys. They feel quite sturdy and nice to type on but this spacebar is loud, much louder than the other keys and creates a different noise which is worse than the others and it is quite off putting which is mostly the reason i knocked a star off.

The keys are good in the way they feel, and for the cost, it is much better than a membrane as it has mechanical feeling keys.

On the bottom there are feet to raise the keyboard, along with some pads to keep it still.
PROS : -
Price
Quality of keyboard
Lighting
Cable
Great feeling keys

CONS:
Spacebar

NEUTRAL:
Font and red keycaps
on 1 June 2017
 I have used many TeckNet products and have been satisfied every time as there products are of high standards and have a great customer service. The TeckNet X703 Mechanical Keyboard is my first keyboard I've used from TeckNet and once again I'm satisfied, this is also my first mechanical keyboard and the sound of the keyboard and function is perfect and I believe it'll satisfy peoples need in a mechanical keyboard.

A big benefit of the TeckNet X703 Mechanical Keyboard is that it cost under £20 where as most keyboard are priced around the £100-£200 price range. But you don't lose any features such as a good mechanical feel and sound from the keys. The only downside I have found with this keyboard is the the USB interface is USB 2.0 which would've been ideal if it was USB 3.0 for faster transfer speeds especially whilst gaming for little to non delay. I can however confirm that this keyboard doesn't suffer from lag.

I would highly recommend this keyboard for those who are looking for a mechanical keyboard but are on a budget.
on 28 June 2017
The keyboard arrived the next day and was delivered by DPD who are the worst for delivering packages dented and scratched from either transit or loading. That said the keyboard was in good order inside thank god. It is still early days but I thought id give it my first impressions since ive had it for a couple of days now.

Pros:
Feel sturdy and weighty (although can be seen as a negative)
Plug and play
Windows key lock for in-game
Quick access key function
3 light functions (although I dont always want it on so im still figuring out if you can have it off permanently and on/off when required)
Feels pretty responsive so far
Not experienced ghosting so far
Price is reasonable when you could pay several times over that for a gaming keyboard

Con:
It has the worse spacebar that I have ever had. (very loud and clunky, especially when playing FPS games) Why they did that for that key is beyond me, I dont think I will use it for regular document typing....
It doesnt come with black WASD and arrow keys replacement when I think they should provide them.
Not sure if the keys detail are painted on or lasered on so we shall see if they fade very easily over the next few months..
Delivered by DPD (not the best for looking after your precious goods)

Conclusion:
Its an affordable keyboard to get you started and for sure you get abit for that price. There are many improvements that needs done with this hardware and the first thing they need to fix is the rediculously loud spacebar..Even a £10 keyboard from logitech doesnt do that kind of noise and I dont feel like im forcibly tapping it either.. It does come with several feature that again for the price is pretty good. Namely the anti ghosting, quick function options, 3 light function and easy correction for key positioning due to its red WASD and arrow keys (although would be nice to have the option to exchange them for black ones). I hope this helps and provides you with a first impressions on the product.

Regards,
VC.
on 29 May 2017
First impressions count when you get something new. I hadn't even opened the box and it was already notching up the marks, the weight of the keyboard spoke of what was inside.
Opened up and out of the well presented packaging the weight of the keyboard lends a good feel of quality to itself. It has borrowed some styling ideas from other mechanical keyboards with the exposed screw's and Vicky feel and would not look out of place next to a Razor or Corsair board. There is a nice braided cable with a good solid connection into the board and the moulded USB plug is of a good size, that sounds daft but I find small plugs a pain to plug into the back of a PC.
I've gone from a low level keyboard to this one and at first found it a bit high, but I used some wrist pads which levels out the typing height and it soon became comfortable to use. The key presses are very positive with a mechanical feel to them. You get a similar feel to a board running cherry brown switches. There is no loud click that I find annoying on some mechanicals, but instead you get a feeling of resistance on the key, I suppose this will be down to personal preference.
There is some nice touches with the lighting. Press alt and the bulb symbol and you can scroll through the different colours and "breathe" effects. You can also lock out the keyboard in different modes, for example, of you're using wasd you can lock off the windows key to prevent accidentally catching it mid mad melee moment in you game of choice.
My only gripe is the shift key on the far left (normally a run function) is a bit too small and I would occasionally catch the backslash key next to it. After a couple of weeks with it I have got used to the key size and it happens less often and I dare say in a few weeks more it will be a non event.
In summary, I am very impressed with this board and would be happy to recommend it. If you consider a standard standard keyboard costs around a tenner, this board is easily worth paying the extra £10 for.
review image
on 16 August 2017
Oh I love this keyboard! Such good value for money. When you use it, it's clearly not a microswitched "mechanical" keyboard and it's a stretch to have it described as "mechanical feel," but it does feel pretty wonderful to use.

For the price it's unbeatable.

I keep telling my friends in Discord and they keep saying, "yeah, yeah, we have proper mechanical keyboards" but they have no idea what this one feels like. It's very, VERY good, and for what I've paid compared to what I know they paid for theirs, I think I'm the winner here. ;-)

FWIW, I definitely DO recommend it - no "would recommend" here - I DO recommend it. Great keyboard.