on 1 October 2014
Decided to read this as it seemed as if it would be good. Regretfully it's one of those books that really can make you fall asleep whilst reading.
Took me Five days and made me think why did I bother.
Just left me wondering what a boring book but I'm only giving my opinion.
It was well written but was weak as the book seemed to be written for 10 --13 yr olds rather. than adults.
Emily Rylands needs to decide if it's children or adults. My apologies if this was for children but it was obtained in the adult section. Good book for children a great book if unable to sleep.
A 3 star from me.
One person found this helpful
on 5 January 2015
I found this book disappointing - the synopsis on Amazon sounded interesting and it started off OK, but took a long time to go nowhere at all and in the end, after about a third, I got bored and gave up. Whoever did the proof-reading did not do a good job - so irritating! The writing style is OK and the overall premise is fine but it was just too slow-paced for my taste. Also, I can't say I particularly liked the lead character - in the end, I wasn't that interested to find out what happened to her......
on 26 May 2014
A truely entertaining witchy romp, complete with romance, nosey best friends, unscrupulous uncles and our best friends the gutter press. Emily Rylands has created a character who is immediately likeable,, couple that with a really good, fast moving storyline and you have a really enjoyable book. In have no worries about recommending this book to all..
on 1 May 2014
This book is very different, clearly written with likeable characters and humour ,looking forward to the 2nd book in series,
5 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2017
Rating lower than really deserve, as i had some problems with US English, well done strong story, good discription,
I look forward to the next book
on 27 May 2014
Absolutely loved this book.

Really liked the characters, lots of twists and turns in the plot, high pace and I read it in 2 days as I couldn't put it down.

Highly recommend for thriller, magic, mystery, comedy and romance lovers :)
on 6 June 2016
I found this book real?y interesting also quite funny in places. I cannot wait to read the next one, already bought.
on 1 April 2017
light reading / good if you just want to relax
on 23 November 2014
This is so what you want when you have had a big day and want to switch off. The only warning that I can give is that the price goes up on these books.
on 17 May 2014
I can never think of headings for reviews! As in a previous review, I like this series for a light read.
3 people found this helpful