Style: Without Heart Rate Monitor|Colour: Teal/White|Change
Price:£108.50 - £214.99

on 16 May 2017
I love this watch, had it for a year now and for a first gps watch it's easy to set up and use. It's a good size for my very small wrists. Sometimes the gps takes 5 minutes to kick in, but I have nothing to compare it to so this may be normal. It came with a chest strap for heart rate monitor. Good value.
on 5 June 2017
Good watch and have been using it for a year now.
It takes time to connect to GPS the first time but after that, it is faster. If I haven't been running for a while then it takes time to connect to GPS as though it was the first time again.
Accurate and reliable, incredibly useful device that I wouldn't want to train without!
on 30 March 2017
a nice gadget for running or for going on long walks where the pace,s count
on 10 June 2017
A great GPS tracker watch. I use it for walking although it's a runners watch. Works great, very accurate and it's not too big and bulky as some are. This model does not have Bluetooth but I doubt find that an issue. It does everything it says it does and is very easy to use. Highly recommended.
on 3 June 2017
Bought this for my husband and he always uses it for running and exercise.
on 27 April 2017
Treat for me
on 27 August 2015
This watch is fantastic, especially for the money. Yes, there are other watches with more features, but just because this watch doesn't have something it never claims to that doesn't detract from what it is.

I wanted a GPS watch that would tell me loads of stats about my runs and moan (beep) at me if I started to slow down. this is brilliant at doing that, and many other things.

I don't wear it all the time. If I had wanted to I could have spent more on a watch with a more subtle design.

I always do a short warm-up before I run. GPS lock is always achieved by the end of my warm up.

This watch is a major motivation for me. I generally have it displaying pace and distance, and a desired pace set so it warns me if I am too slow or too fast. The stats in Connect are fine, but I also push them in to Strava (my favorite at present) as I am a bit of a statistics nerd.

Finally, I feel strangely obliged to respond to some previously reviewed cons...
Mainly in response to AtomicDoctor who commented

- No wireless sync ability. Taking watch off to sync with the PC doesn't sound like a chore, but it is.
Pay more money and get a different watch then!

- Getting GPS lock takes a couple of minutes. Waiting for this before starting your run is irritating!
Show me any device that doesn't, sometimes, take a few mins to get a GPS lock. Some Sat Navs can download a satellite position predictor file, but only valid for the next few days, and still not perfect. This is a feature of GPS, not a fault of the watch.

- Can't get the 'inactivity monitor' function to do anything. Maybe I'm just never inactive :-)
Maybe. Mine worked but was mainly annoying. Sitting in a meeting at work and having your watch beep at you because you have fallen asleep is not great.

- Garmin Connect website is slow to use on anything but the fastest internet connection, and not as good as SportTracks.
Garmin Connect has good and bad points, like all "free" sites. The best think is that if you don't like it you can set up loads of other sites to use the data uploaded to the Connect site so once you have done that you need never look (or wait to look) at it again.

- Activity Tracker appears to be little more than a step counter - does not record stairs / altitude, for example.
Yep, just what the description says. " Forerunner 15 counts your steps and the calories you burn all day"

- No mode for other activities like cycling. You can change the activity type in Garmin Connect afterwards, but it's a surprising omission on the watch itself.
Yep, just what the description says. " GPS Running Watch and Activity Monitor" Doesn't say Cycling watch.

- Doesn't appear to be a sleep monitoring mode, even though the Garmin Connect website references sleep quality tracking.
Wear it all the time and, when it syncs to Connect, enter your sleeping hours. Then you can see how many steps (arm movements) you made during the night. Not great, but then again there is no mention of sleep monitoring in the description of the watch.

- Watch is chunkier than the photographs make it look. I do wear mine all the time, but it is thicker (depth) than you might expect based on the photographs - i'd estimate it is about 15mm thick - and this makes it hard to tuck into the sleeves of a shirt at work.
As stated on Amazon. "Product Dimensions: 1.6 x 4.6 x 5.7 cm ; 41 g", so actually 16mm thick. If it says so on the page don't moan when it is actually that size!

- On first use, the Garmin Express software wanted to do firmware updates....
The first valid point, but this probably depends on when the watch was bought and how many upgrades need to be applied at any one point. A more helpful or descriptive message would be better in this circumstance.

I'm certain the watch could be better, but then it would cost more. It is excellent at everything it says it will do and does everything it says it will do. If you want more, spend more. This watch deserves 5 stars. If it cost twice as much and promised things it didn't deliver then I would be complaining as well, but it doesn't. It is exactly what it says it is, and does what it does brilliantly.
on 21 July 2016
The Garmin 15. A replacement for the 10 that I have had for many years.

Looks almost identical to the 10 and has the same functionality, limited compared to some of the other models, but certainly sufficient for recording my runs.

Additional features with this model are the step counter option so that you can record your movement/steps during the day. The battery life seems improved and I find that I can leave this without charge for longer periods of time.

As with the 10 I can sometimes wait a while to get the GPS signal, but I tend to start it off while I get my trainers on and sort out what music I will be listening to on this run, by that time it's usually ready to go, seems to take a lot longer on cloudy days, must be difficult to find those pesky satellites with cloud cover.

Overall seems another decent product from Garmin and as one of the lower end of the range does the job well.
on 15 June 2014
This is really nice piece of kit, and now that I've had it for a couple of weeks I feel qualified to review!

The good:
- Solid construction and feels well made.
- Lovely large screen that it easy to read, even when running.
- Walk/Run mode is great and can be used for interval training.
- Garmin Connect website is interesting and shows lots of useful data that can be easily exported.
- Connected to my heart rate strap straight away, no problems.
- The charging / sync lead looks well designed and constructued, and works well.
- The software that comes with the watch is easy to use.

The bad:
- On first use, the Garmin Express software wanted to do firmware updates. I let it do them, only for one part to fail because the unit apparently didn't have enough memory to complete it. Not knowing what to do next, and staring an an unhelpful triangle on the watch and an error message on the screen, I disconnected the watch; it then rebooted and updated itself. Then I reconnected to the computer and tried the update again - the remaining update worked second time round. I couldn't help but think that it was very poor of Garmin that an out of the box firmware update would need to be applied in two parts and would fail otherwise. No documentation or explanation, and an unhelpful misdirection when it told me that I might like to clear some space on my brand new and completely empty watch in order to apply the update. Where was their testing?

I don't regret buying this watch - it does everything I expected it to do, and I'm pretty happy with how it functions. That said, I am mildly disappointed. For it to score a full five stars, it would need to wirelessly sync, and it would need to do more with regard to activity tracking functions than act as the simple step counter that it currently does.

I'd like it to be able to track my workouts in the gym as well as outside, and while you can switch off GPS and use 'indoor mode', the watch appears to be clueless about things like cross trainers and exercise bikes - basic functionality that a mid range Polar HRM could offer should surely be possible on a device like the Forerunner 15 with a software update?
44 Comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2016
I chose the Forerunner 15 as I wanted a simple running watch that still let me connect my heart rate monitor. On the face of it, the 15 meets these criteria: it's small, uncomplicated, and has only 4 buttons (light, start, back, and scroll). As some other reviews have said - when it's working it's brilliant, but when it's not...

The main issue is undoubtedly the problem with finding signal. Some days it takes 30 seconds, but on other days I have spent over half an hour waiting (and stopping it from auto powering-off), before giving up and having to run without out. I know it is not an especially expensive watch, but for it to be unusable on a significant number of runs is really frustrating.
The second issue is the battery life. Garmin state this will last 8 hours of use, or 3 weeks in general. I find that I can probably get 4 hours of use, or a week of general existing. Which is fine - you just have to remember to charge it fairly frequently if you are doing long runs.

Overall it is acceptable, but I'm now looking to get a replacement after having this for only a few months.