on 16 August 2014
I have really enjoyed all the stories about the Admiral and Jethro. I hope there will be more stories about them both. I have read several reviews of this author's work and think some is unfair. They say he is repetitive, and yes he is to an extent, but the characters and the stories are so much fun that I think a little repetition is OK.
on 19 May 2014
I have been addicted to this series from the first novel onwards, excellent storytelling with a strong core plot progression throughout the individual novels. The author has done a great job, however, of managing many strong characters through the various books without losing sight of the main character 'The Engineer' who in many of the books only appears in a few chapters, albeit crucial ones! I have really enjoyed this exploration of the secondary (in many novels) characters and being able to follow their lives as affected by the ups and downs of the plot line. Space battles and combat are not everyday events and when they do happen, can be disappointing, as the descriptions are brief and have little depth to them, certainly not in the same league as Weber (Honor Harrington series). Having said that I would not let it stop me reading the next book when it comes out. Keep em coming!!
on 29 May 2014
Jethro and company and Firefly have more problems with pirates, this parallel story line complements the main wandering engineer line giving extra depth and background, going beyond the end of Pirates Bane. A good read, these could be read without the main story, but better as a companion.
on 28 May 2014
This book fills in some of characters referred to in the series.
A good read as are all others in this series.
on 27 April 2014
I have enjoyed reading this offshoot series about 'Gunny' Jethro and his Marine colleagues.
Part of this tale takes a view as seen from Firefly, when the ship arrives to "help" the Admiral during a battle at B101a1.
There is also a short story included which takes Firefly on from where she leaves the storyline in Jethro 3.
Great read. Look forward to more from Jethro, and from The Wandering Engineer.
on 5 May 2014
Feedback is an issue with me for two reasons, First reason is that I have to have enjoyed reading the book I am leaving feedback on and secondly I am lazy. :)

Some books I do not care if there is a sequel, I do care about this series. So when is the next one due out Chris????

Well worth reading although you do need to read the previous books about Jethro and Fleet Admiral Irons to really Enjoy.
on 4 June 2014
Good story with action and interest leading to a great lead on for a follow on story. Hope its soon
on 13 July 2015
Although i enjoyed reading this, the technical info dumping is just too much. Characters are good, story is interesting, the actual writing is not bad but there are spelling errors and missing words. Skip past these problems and there is an ok book here.
on 5 May 2014
I really enjoy this universe created by Chris Hechtl. I just wish I didn'tlike it so much as once I get it I read it in one go.
on 1 May 2014
What can I say, I did not really like this much it droned on and on and I very much lost interest and skipped to the end. The end bit was okay but it would have been hard work getting there if i'd read the whole thing.