Customer reviews

Ubuntu: 101 Tips & Tricks
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 12 August 2015
After my older computer crashed on the Windows 10 update, I tried Ubuntu on it. From time to time I've looked at one or other Linux distribution, but never felt confident to swap Windows for Ubuntu or other Linux distribution. Until Windows 10. This book is what it says. A short book of tips, which I'm referring still referring to. Normally I'd never review a book until I'd read it fully, but given the nature of this book, it is a reference of tips, useful tips. Like how to start and close applications to let you do things. (Firefox browser, Thunderbird mail program, set up user accounts, etc.) and there's a clickable table of contents to take you right to the chapter desired. This is a short book, it won't make anyone a Ubuntu Linix guru, but as a new user of Ubuntu I'd say it's extremely useful and well worth the modest price. Especially, it is encouraging enough to not put me off Ubuntu, but simply helps me to get to grips with using the operating system. For what this book is, excellent and worth 10 stars, never mind 5 stars.
on 11 December 2014
very basic
on 17 July 2014
I have just started to try and learn Ubuntu / Linux as I want to get away from Microsoft. Obviously I could use the included programs from the beginning. But I want to learn to use the shell and this book gives me a good start to this.
on 30 October 2014
Very simplistic but good for the absolute novice. I was hoping that the tips would go further into depth, rather than just a sentence or two to describe each one. This would allow for more intermediate level tips.
on 24 December 2014
Helped me enormously with clear and concise instructions.
on 5 March 2016
good intro for anyone who has not used Ubuntu before.
on 14 May 2016
Many good simple tips to help you enjoy Ubuntu.
on 4 November 2015
explains what I wanted to know
on 25 May 2015