Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 28 August 2014
A book that could have been written by me is not a good thing, because I am not an accomplished author and I would probably feel I would let down my readers and unfortunately, that's how I feel about this book. Its a great subject and we only know a little about this period in time, so I was expecting the author to let his imagination run riot and tell a great story of conquest, battle and glory and how the Babylonians came to dominate this region.

Crushingly disappointed.

I am an avid historical/historical fiction reader and appreciate fast paced but informative books. This is SO fast paced that it took me half the book to know what the hell a 'camel boy' actually did. The battle scene's were over in a flash, dull and didn't transport me into the fighting like I would have expected, and pretty much all I got out of it was that all the Babylonian commanders were tactical genius' by the age of 15, and their opponents were pretty much idiots who shouldn't have been in charge of a crèche, let alone an army. None of the characters were developed at all because the book was too short so I really didn't get to know much about them, apart from somewhere near the end Hammurabi dies. My kindle download had a fault at 96% and requested that I delete then re-download from the cloud, but I couldn't be bothered. If you read Iggledon, Scammell, Peake, Gemmell, Darwin, Cornwall etc., do not buy this book. Right, off to delete this from my kindle.
on 12 June 2014
This book is definitely the best I have read in a very long time. I praise the author too highly. Excellent story. My only one complaint, be it minor, is that there are many literal errors, with a little more care this could have been alleviated.
on 6 July 2014
Fast paced historical page turner.
on 22 June 2014
my first book from this era
mind you there aren't thst many about
will probably work my way thru his series of books
on my hols
on 24 November 2014
A good read and excellent story. Most enjoyable the story was one that would not let you put the book down
on 13 December 2014
The continuing story of the first King of Kings and his extended family. Excellent read,
on 24 May 2016