Customer reviews

Defected Presents Dimitri From Paris In The House of Disco
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 May 2017
Not a bad CD, but could be better. Why does the first track on CD 1 seem to have been shortened by a couple of minutes?
on 18 July 2014
Although I'm only giving this 2 stars, it's a little unfair of me in some respects as it's all about personal taste. I'm a fan of disco, not house, and the majority of the tracks on these 2 CDs are house. I was aware that there were contemporary sounds on here and that it was not all vintage, but I was hoping it would sound a bit more disco than house.

I avoided "nu-funk" for a long time, as I used to be a believer that all good funk had to be old skool - but I was wrong. A lot of the nu-funk is absolutely brilliant, combining harder modern beats with old skool instrumentation and it sits really well alongside vintage funk classics. However, for me "nu-disco" doesn't work the same - it's just house.

DFP tends to divide his releases between disco and house, but I personally prefer his disco selections - which are always first class. So, I'm not really knocking this release as a bad compilation, as I said before, it's more a question of taste.

If you're looking for a more electronic, repetitive sound, I'm sure you'll like this release. If like me, you're looking for strings, brass and female vocals with peaks and troughs, this compilation will probably disappoint.

Last comment - agree with other reviewers who commented that there is no mention of this compilation being mixed. That should have been noted. It wouldn't put me off buying a CD, but as a DJ it would be nice to know if a release is mixed or unmixed.
on 4 July 2014
I wish I had read the reviews - fell victim to the mixed issue! I was looking forward to another excellent un-mixed CD!! Very poor that is in not advertised as mixed. Oh well just need to stick it in the car! (great tracks though! No debating that aspect).
on 26 June 2014
I love Dimitri's work, I loved his Get Down With the Philly Sound cd, great mixes and UNMIXED on the CD.
So I ordered this one also to find out it was mixed!! It does not state anywhere it is a mixed cd.
Looking to find good quality unmixed tracks from this CD, you need to spend a lot of money on Beatport, i don't want MP3 crap, that's why I bought the CD.
Also the fact that any download has the mixed cd's plus the unmixed tracks for less is really a turn-down.
Next time Dimitri I will think twice when I buy your cd.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2014
As expected another Sublime mix with exclusive edits "The Boss" is a joy Dimitri from paris IS Disco
To be played very loud
on 8 August 2014
Good Album, some great remixes on here
on 25 June 2014
Not happy, bought the CD, only to find it's all mixed together. it cost £9,99 I think. The download is cheaper but the quality is rubbish... However, you get the mixes and the individual tracks as a low qual mp3!

Shame on you Defected, totally unacceptable. Sort your info out!
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2015
One of my fave DJ Mixes of all time. Perfectly done and a timeless masterpiece. Viva DJ D
on 11 July 2014
This was a mixed bag of styles, not really what I was expecting but a few gems hidden in there
on 29 August 2014
Great album not his best though