on 16 June 2014
I rather liked this story. It was well written but maybe a little too clichéd for my liking to give it five stars. I am aware that this is one of Mr Nuttalls older works which has only just been released on Kindle so don't think it is a typical example of his works when compared to his more recent works which are outstanding. It is still a good stand alone read but has elements similar to Outside Context Problem and was a little too much like V. That said I still really enjoyed it and it kept me wanting more. The characters as ever are very real and can easily be related to and rely on a very human aspect to win the day, unlike a lot of other authors who blah on about super human feats etc. I like the no nonsense approach to technology that he uses and he has a clear grasp of politics and military workings which along with the characters make it believable. All in all I do actually recommend this one if you like alien invasion scenarios.
on 19 May 2014
I know that scifi and fantasy are often linked but this book is pure fantasy, it could never happen! Don't misunderstand me I enjoyed reading it, it's well written, interesting and exciting. However unless your under the age of twelve it's impossible to accept the plot as, in any way, creditable. Throughout the storyline there are events occurring and decisions made all of which can ONLY happen in a book, thus leaving the reader unable to 'believe' in the story, which for me is central to my overall enjoyment of a novel. This is, essentially, a long comic with no pictures and although it's fun to read it's not up to the standard of the authors other novels.
on 7 July 2014
This was a disappointment. Buried in the midst of a load of waffle, such as descriptions of the past lives of various characters, is a good story. Its a pity it has been padded out with so many wordy explanations of how fantastic American military etc is and other descriptive passages. Okay we know Christopher Nuttall can write and we know he has a lot of knowledge about things relevant to his stories, but he used too much of his knowledge to try and pan out the story and consequently it almost gets swallowed up. I've given it three stars as the basic storyline is good, but as teachers say: "he could have done better".
on 4 May 2014
A fun alien invasion story with a good plot. The aliens are more political and canny than most, and the uncertainty over what they want is a key part of the story. Overall, it made a good, light read and, as it is published electronically, excellent value-for-money.

However, it is marred by some serious grammatical and spelling errors (e.g. statue for stature). These perhaps are a symptom of the lack of a good editor. There were also a few rather rambling passages, and some very weak characterisation, so perhaps Christopher Nuttall should ask a couple of friends to read his drafts critically.
on 18 September 2017
Yet another brilliant book by Christopher Nuttall. If you like his writing then you'll like this book
on 20 May 2014
But not Chris at his best I think....

Some of the characters are not so well developed, with such coincidental events just not really adding up - saying that, it was fun to read and the premise of aliens arriving and them not being friendly (even manipulative) is a good one....

Still gets 4 stars from me, but then I am a fan....
on 27 December 2016
Very fast moving tale; not the usual "Aliens tip up and are Bad or Good sorts." Almost read this in one go but Christmas got in the way. I recommend this to all those who like the idea that we are not alone; it might be better for us if we are.
on 13 June 2014
I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoyed A Learning Experience. This is a great read with engaging characters. Just remember that the characters are not the author and may be expressing views that you don't agree with, that is partly the point and refreshing in a Sci-fi book.
on 24 May 2015
Starts a bit jerky with too many characters and short paragraphs but i hung on and and the second half settled down and Not a horse in sightwas great reading.
on 17 May 2014
Well the story is not exactly novel and it is rather monotonous so I must say that I struggled to maintain interest. However, it was not bad its just that it was so ordinary. Sorry I could not give more