on 6 October 2014
As others have reported, the new locks were stiff and I also struggled for a while to remove key from the padlock. I oiled the lock and after using it half a dozen times it is getting better.

The diameter of the curved rod is 9mm, and the exposed length is 20mm. This makes it unlikely anyone could silently snip through it with boltcutters.

I was disappointed the two locks had different keys, so I need to colour code the padlocks and keys to avoid confusion.
Giving this product 5 stars because it looks robust and is cheap. If it fails to survive outdoors in the Manchester rain like all previous locks I've tried, I might return and revise.

UPDATE: September 2015.
===================
These locks have been outdoors for a year. Rain, snow, ice, sunshine (not much -- this is Manchester). They work and look as new. No sign of rust. I absolutely recommend these excellent good value padlocks.
on 2 June 2017
Out of the two pack one lock is still going strong but the second has failed after a mere week of use. I'm not sure what caused it to break but I went to unlock it and the barrel and springs fell out!

Don't buy cheap! I'm going to have to replace both as I can't trust the first one now!
review image
on 21 April 2017
Excellent, exactly as described and displayed, extremely happy now have 3 of these on my shed doors and wouldnt try anything as these are hard to get into without making lots of noise. Very pleased and rather speedy delivery too, absolute bargain of a price.
on 11 March 2017
One lock worked but the key is stuck in the other one
on 30 July 2017
Little bit cheap and I dont think they will last long, good enough for my allotment gate.
on 12 March 2017
I got the es by mistake and this firm won't accept returns.
I won't don't recommend.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2017
work very well for the money, have had no issues with the lock seizing up either.
on 12 May 2017
Looks the business in tge picture but a bit 'tinny' and cheap in reality
on 8 June 2017
Fast service, well made locks.will recommend these to anyone.
on 17 May 2017