Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 10 June 2016
A great follow up to One Foot Onto The Ice!
I found the first book hugely entertaining and wonderful to read.... and though this 2nd book is not quite as great as the first, it's still pretty darn good.
The story continues a week after their return to the UK, with Jenna returning back to the ski resort, and them trying to master being apart while Jenna has a career change and ties up things in France... Of course Susan's insecurities get the better of her.
There's many funny moments to keep you keen for more. The return of Marcus is unfortunate but he's a pretty main character I guess, so it'd be hard to leave him out *shudder*.

The book has a nice mix of humour, romance and sexy times. The first book had me in absolute meltdown with laughing, while this book wasn't quite hitting the same funny bones, is was definitely well written and funny.

There's a strange chapter with a quavers bag! ENJOY! lol.

Kiki, is funny... read more of her work!
on 16 April 2014
Sequel to One Foot Onto The Ice

Teacher Susan Quinn and Club Ski Instructor, Jenna James are now in a loving, committed relationship. Unfortunately, Susan is at St Wilfred's All-Girls School and Jenna is working in Morzine. Long distant relationships can and do work. But when Susan and Jenna parted, their fledgling relationship was only two weeks old. Will the distance separating them simply be too much to sustain such a new relationship? Absence often makes the heart grow fonder, but will insecurities and outside influences tear them apart?

Both Susan and Jenna believe in when you know, you know. But will that be enough?

A fast paced, hilarious, chick lit romance from the very talented Kiki Archer. Not just the usual light hearted fluffy stuff normally associated with regular chick lit. There is a more serious side to this story.

This book carries on from where One Foot Onto The Ice left off. We have most of the same wonderful, fully formed, multidimensional characters and a few surprise ones too. There is enough background that you don't have to read One Foot Onto The Ice first. But, I would strongly urge you to do so. There's no point in missing out on a good story and it really sets the scene and lets you get to know the characters.

Although Susan and Jenna have to be apart, they find some very interesting ways to be together. But, exactly how safe is the internet?

I won't be adding in any spoilers, but in my honest opinion, this is one of the most hilarious books I've read in ages. This book is written by a British author, but I'm more than certain that wherever you are from, you'll be laughing at the antics of some of these characters in this book.

From the romance angle, Susan and Jenna are the ideal couple. Their romance is bittersweet, tender and full of ups and downs. True love sometimes meanders and deviates from the path along the way though, as theirs does here. The story is also steaming hot in parts, just to enhance your pleasure.

The horrible, despicable, Marcus Ramsbottom situation hasn't been resolved from One Foot Onto The Ice. He's still creating havoc. Does he get his just desserts? You'll have to read the book to find out. I do know one thing, I could have cheerfully slapped him on more than one occasion.

I was pleased to see little Daisy Button taking a nice role too. She is one of my favorite characters and along with some of the other pupils, a great support to Susan and Jenna.

There is just one point I'd like to make. This book is crying out for a sequel. It simply has to have one. When you read it, you'll see why.

I've added this book with the rest of Kiki Archer's books into my re-read folder.
on 2 May 2014
Let me first say that I loved, loved, loved the first book. I have re read it many times and will do so again in the future. The interaction between the main characters as well as all the characters in the book was just wonderful. I therefore bought the second book with a great deal of anticipation and the first few pages had me believing that this book would be as wonderful as the first one. Well for me I found it a huge disappointment.

I know that every review that the book has had so far is 5 star, but I just don't see it. I so wanted to love this book as much as I did the first one, but there is something missing in this book that the first book had in spades. Usually when I see only one less positive review in amongst a sea of positives, I just assume that the many are more like right than the few. So feel free to ignore what I say.

For me the effort made by the author to try and recreat the wonderful dynamic of the first book came over as forced. It is always hard to write a sequel to a love story that already has its 'happy' ending. The insecurities that were endearing from Susan in the first book just became annoying in the second. The situations Jenna got in to to help drive the insecurities in Susan that made up the story, I found frustrating and came over a simply a number of set pieces to limp the story along. Unlike the first book that had a steady story progression leading up the happy ending, I laughed out loud at many of the situations described, who could forget the bathroom scene, there was nothing like this in the second book. Attempting tired humour concerning mishearing what is being said through deafness, just isn't funny. And you so know what is going to happen when they start sending each other 'risky' photographs over the internet.

I really wanted to enjoy this book, I love the author and as I have said, the first book is one of my all time favourites, but for me, this one just did not gel. I am sure others will continue to enjoy it and it was nice to meet the wonderful characters again. Now a third book about the escapades of the two of them working together, allowing for the wonderful one liners that were on the first book, I would probably enjoy.
on 17 April 2014
Another great tale from Kiki Archer. This book is hilarious and revisits all the characters from One Foot on the Ice, with a bit of a surprise at the end!!!! For all fans of a comedic love story this is a must
on 17 April 2014
Like its prequel One Foot Onto the Ice, and all of Kiki Archer's other books, this one's funny, smart, interesting and sexy. All of the characters are lovable even with their flaws (well, almost all, there are some despicable ones as well, Ramsbottom can make a reader physically sick and I wanted to kick Amber's arse more than once), and the situations they get themselves into are hilarious.

What makes Kiki's books different than so many others in the genre is that her stories are never just romance stories between the two main characters. They are so much more. Her characters have lives going on outside of their love stories, and together with a great supporting cast and amazing humour, it makes for a very enjoyable read that you just can't put down.

The ending was spectacular and it is the best proof that Kiki Archer knows what her readers want and she gives it to them, and in most unexpected ways. I can't wait for the sequel, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait, just like When You Know was.
on 21 April 2014
I have read all of Kiki Archer's books. This one is no different to the others. Great storylines, great main characters (namely the love interests), great characters, comedy moments, real feelings and issues.
This book like all her other books are relatable, current and feel good.
Her books read very well, flow seamlessly from one chapter to the next. Before you know it, you have finished the book. Reading all Kiki's books leave me with two feelings when I have finished them. The feel good feeling. The one you get when you have just read and enjoyed story, and secondly, disappointment. I just want to read more.
Kiki Archer never ceases to amaze me. I'm hooked to her books.
This book finishes, leaving you with a hint of a sequel.
on 20 August 2015
Actually I'd like to give my 5 starts to the last 5 days of mine!

My last 5 days I spent with reading. Started with "Too Late... I Love You!... and straight away continued with "But She Is My Student..." and jumped to "Instigations".... and then "One Foot Onto The Ice"... and last but not least .. "When You Know"...

From my opinion Kiki Archer has a very talent to make people, like me, to identify themselves such a perfect characters as Kat, Freya, Jenna, Susan, Connie and Maria... and the rest of them... not leave them out to mentioned...

Really, so many moments I found myself into the story, as a lived again my pasts, when and how I met my girlfriend and so....

It's well written, well "said" stories, what I actually like to see on screen as well :)... I can't really find the right words but just perfectly love stories ... absolutely funny (laughed loud guaranteed - you'll find yourself some situations when you just can not breath at all...)... and well... all words just sexy as hell!

And how the "When You Know" ended was just the perfect surprise! I loved it, how it was just cut it and it gave me an assume, that It must be have some continue some day, which I would kill for it!!! Seriously!

That's why is important to get the line first how I mentioned above, to get the feeling, what I've got know!

It was a wonderful 5 days, thank you, but these girls just took my focus of my everything! :D

Thank you! :)
on 18 April 2014
Kiki Archer is not only a great writer but one of the most talented authors that I enjoy reading. Her characters make you feel their wants, needs, desires, ups and downs. A connection between them that is so real you may think someone you know. Love this book and all of her others. Start at One foot onto thin ice and don't forget But she's is my student and Instigations. AWSOME
on 19 April 2014
Best yet what a great story how all the characters gel together, I had to read it in one go just could not put it down wanting to get to the last page..the part with the empty Quaver packet was classic.Hats of to you Kiki Archer you are one hell of an author.
on 17 April 2014
Value for money, Kiki Archer can't be beaten. Great story, with some familiar characters, the book is poignant in parts, while laced with laughter in others. I hope this success and writing go on and on, because these books are worth waiting for. Well done.