on 15 April 2014
I started reading India Drummond's 'Blood Faerie' on a noisy plane, but within seconds I was drawn into the world of Eilidh and the mystery surrounding the strange murders in a small Scottish town. A faerie who has been cast out for using forbidden magic, Eilidh watches humans from a distance. But when the murders continue and she might have the powers to stop them, she can't help but get involved. Drummond skilfully intertwines human and faerie worlds, drawing the reader easily into both the delights and horrors each entails. Quite often in books such as these, I feel bogged down by all the rules and rituals of the world the author has created. I never felt that way here -- every detail unfolds in such a natural way I could almost believe faeries do exist! If you're looking for a compelling, well written mystery with a touch of romance, I highly recommend this book.
Generally, I don't read fantasy books but after reading some of the reviews I thought I'd give this a try. I thought the faeries were all somewhat infeffectual given their supposed powers and they tended to be a bit repetitive and dragged on a bit at times. The one thing that really annoyed me about this set was that the stories are incomplete and you would need to keep buying books to keep up with what happens next to the main characters. I find this ploy distasteful as it is a form of blackmail to make you buy the follow on books. There was no reason why each story could not have been a complete tale in its own right with any follow on books featuring different characters in the faerie realm but each complete in itself with a neat, tied off ending. Overall, there were not that many grammatical errors but, with Kindle, it seems there are always some, usually missing or misspelt words. If you are a fan of this genre then you would probably enjoy this boxed set but it wasn't really to my taste. The one thing I did like was the minimal use of sexual content so top marks for that.
on 13 September 2014
Most of these are free if you check out the authors actual pages. Why pay when they are free already?
on 14 July 2014
I enjoyed most of the books but it it quite obvious that the they are all the tasters of a number of series of books. I found it a little dissapointing none of them were one offs.
on 29 May 2014
All of the stories were intriguing, excellent and left me wanting more.... stories that you will not want to put down and will make you stay up late reading.
on 12 July 2014
Most were brilliant and I bought the next-in-series books. Can't get on with the Novellas, but still a fabulous buy
on 28 November 2014
Every story was really exciting. Each one different and very entertaining I never wanted to stop reading. Definitely a set of books to read and enjoy again. Wonderful.
on 22 December 2014
Not had time to even read book one of the ten books, once I get started I will know if it's a good series or not, but I don't often buy books that I end up not liking.
on 23 October 2014
really good read.highly recommended,could not put my kindle down and sorry to come to the end of them all .
on 13 September 2014
Unputdownable, and that is just the first of ten, ask me when I have read all ten. Price also unbeatable!